• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bedford to Gatwick

Status
Not open for further replies.

petermiller36

Hello all,

My brother is travelling from Bedford to Gatwick in the New Year. He'll be travelling on a Friday to get to Gatwick for about 1pm and then returning 8 days later on the Saturday, leaving Gatwick at around 15:00. The default fare seems to be about £39.30. He can start his journey from Milton Keynes if needs be. I'm asking now as I'd want to be ready for any Advance fares if they're available on any route.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cactustwirly

Established Member
Hello all,

My brother is travelling from Bedford to Gatwick in the New Year. He'll be travelling on a Friday to get to Gatwick for about 1pm and then returning 8 days later on the Saturday, leaving Gatwick at around 15:00. The default fare seems to be about £39.30. He can start his journey from Milton Keynes if needs be. I'm asking now as I'd want to be ready for any Advance fares if they're available on any route.

Thanks.

There aren't any advances that I'm aware of.
Have you tried using Trainsplit.com?

causton

Established Member
Milton Keynes - Gatwick has advances from £8.50 with one change at Clapham Junction so that would probably be the cheapest if/when those advances (and Southern services) are available.
Thameslink have cheap Super Off-Peak tickets on weekends for the return journey but not quite as cheap as that advance.

petermiller36

Thanks both. I did try trainsplit, yes, but without luck on that route it seems. Thanks for the heads up on MK to Gatwick, that could work!

Status
Not open for further replies.