• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bedford to Sheffield

Status
Not open for further replies.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I've not been over the Midland Main Line in a while so was thinking of heading up on Sunday 1st August after we've finished getting our heads kicked in from attending the Millwall match the day before.

Now I will be travelling with the "Tightest Man in Fife" to whom every penny is a prisoner so I'm looking for the cheapest fare possible. We both work for First so can get free travel on FCC from London to Bedford.

All fares quoted below are SDS/SOS at priv rate (25%)

The next leg of the journey is by East Midland Trains and the through fare from Bedford to Sheffield is £16.75. However by splitting the fare at every intermediate station yes every intermediate station the fare comes down to £12.80. After Sheffield we will use TPE to travel back up to Scotland.

I've jigged about at bit however and have come up with this:-

Bedford - Kettering - Leicester - Long Eaton - Chesterfield - Sheffield for £11.10

Can anyone do better? BTW what's the best station for Millwall FC and can anyone recommend any good pubs nearby?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I know of a couple of good tickets that are major anomalies, I'll send you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.