• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bedwyn station Platform 1 CIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWalrus

Established Member
Hi

There is supposed to be a CIS going in at Bedwyn on Platform 1 (westbound platform) this July. The post is in, and has been for several months now, but is covered in bubble wrap with no sign of a screen yet. Does anyone know when the screen will be installed? (Can The Planner give us any details here?)

Most of the other FGW stations are supposed to be getting them at sometime, but it appears the one at Bedwyn has made the most progress.

Thanks,

Ryan

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Planner

Veteran Member
No idea, Id have thought it would be someone at FGW you would need to be asking.

72C

A similar position exists a Castle Cary. Cary only has one screen on platform 1 and with the sun setting it is difficult to read. The last time i visited the existing screen was out and the booking office had a queue a of several people. No chance of help there. Site markings on platform 2/3 but little else to date. If memory serves me well it has been like this for several weeks.

TheLastMinute

There's two project going on at FGW stations the present, a CIS/CCTV upgrade project and help point installations.

All FGW stations will be having a help point installed on each platform. I think I have read somewhere (but can't remember where) there's going to be three different models rolled out depending upon the station. All stations with a CIS and the smallest stations without will have the basic two button "Emergency and Information" type. Slightly larger stations will have an addition button to play out train running information. The larger stations without a CIS will have a unit with a integrated departure screen - there a picture of a pilot unit on the First Great Western Passengers' Forum but you need to be registered to view them.

As for CIS, the systems installed by Great Western/Thames Trains/Wales & West are all being replaced by a single Atos Origin based system. I don't know if any stations that are currently without a CIS will be getting a full system installed rather than the integrated help point.

Cheers,
TLM

Status
Not open for further replies.