• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Beer Festivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
How many members of legal drinking age attend beer festivals? What is your favourite?

I've just found out there is one in Carmarthen this weekend. Well, actually it starts tonight! Has anyone ever been?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gordonthemoron

Established Member
I mainly go to ones in Germany these days, incl. Oktoberfest at the mo. But back in the day I have been to:

• Darlington
  • Derby
  • Nottingham
  • Newark
  • Burton on Trent

Derby was the best, followed by Burton. Nottingham is and has generally always been a fiasco, in days gone by with unsuitable accommodation and these days with huge queues and running out of (all) beer

wintonian

Established Member
Been to a few inc. Earls Court, the most common are Southampton and Reading.

Found out about one in Woking the other day but strongly suspect the tickets have all gone.

Capybara

Done my fair share I think. First was at Covent Garden in 1975 and I've been to Nottingham, Gloucestershire, various GBBFs, Catford, Battersea and others over the years. Even helped to run a couple. Trouble is they tend to get a bit crammed these days so I try to look for an afternoon session where it might be quiet and I can get a sit down. Not getting any younger you know ....

Last edited:

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Done my fair share I think. First was at Covent Garden in 1975 and I've been to Nottingham, Gloucestershire, various GBBFs, Catford, Wandsworth and others over the years. Even helped to run a couple. Trouble is they tend to get a bit crammed these days so I try to look for an afternoon session where it might be quiet and I can get a sit down. Not getting any younger you know ....

I feel the same! I prefer a couple of afternoon pints at festivals as it is quieter, both in terms of numbers and noise!

I worked behind the bar at one Reading Beer Festival a few years ago, that was great fun!

I found the Reading one to be a bit quieter this year, though I gather it still made a profit.

20Man

I tend not to bother too much with beer festivals in this country anymore, but do go to ones in Belgium. Favourites are Kerstbierfestival, this is the Christmas beer festival held in Essen to the north of Antwerp, and Alvinne Craft Beer Festival held at the Alvinne brewery and features, as well as their own beers, those from such as Mikkeler and De Moelen. In this country I may do a couple of fests a year, but none are planned, and they tend to be winter beer fests.

Status
Not open for further replies.