• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Being teased by Chiltern

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuddie

They have just added my ideal job of being a shunter/fueler at Aylesbury...but it's only open to internal applicants! My question is then why put it on the website? That's just teasing!!

Really hoping some kind of trainee driver comes up at Aylesbury but think it's going to be unlikely for some time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
It's not unusual, believe it or not, and it's the same outside the railway industry. It makes sense to post all jobs in the same place, so that they can be viewed by all on the same terms. Where I used to create job adverts, it wasn't unknown for the status to change form Internal Only to All Applications Welcome while the advert was live. It wasn't common either, but it did happen.

SPADTrap

Established Member
They have just added my ideal job of being a shunter/fueler at Aylesbury...but it's only open to internal applicants! My question is then why put it on the website? That's just teasing!!

Really hoping some kind of trainee driver comes up at Aylesbury but think it's going to be unlikely for some time.

Try for a job somewhere else and dive from the inside!

spuddie

Thanks for the replies, didn't realise that was where they advertised internally too, I'm used to that being done on an Intranet instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.