• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Being TUPEd to Freightliner: What are they like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrecky_mec

I work as an engineer in freight wagon maintenance.
Our company has lost the contract for hauling the product and maintaining the wagons. This affects drivers, ground staff and us engineers. If the TUPE goes ahead and myself and my two colleagues transferee to freightliner, I am interested to know what kind of company they are, do they have a pension,and what the wages are like for engineers. I'm not really interested in the drivers and ground staff.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 9

You'll transfer to Freightliner Maintenance Ltd, but the conditions of TUPE mean you take your existing pay and conditions.
Freightliner do have a final salary pension but I'm not sure whether the engineering grades are in it.
They an alright company to work for, you usually get left alone to get on with your job
There mighty be some hostility from some staff as I'd heard that while staff are being TUPEd over from DB, there are quite substantial redundancies happening at the same time.

Last edited:

wrecky_mec

Do freightliner recognise unite the union? I am also shop steward AND health & safety rep

class 9

Do freightliner recognise unite the union? I am also shop steward AND health & safety rep

I believe they do, I think there's a rep at Midland Road depot Leeds that's for the loco fitters, I don't know whether the wagon fitters are in or not.

wrecky_mec

It seems they do recognise unite and the union recognition agreement wil Tupe across with us, but I'm still interested what their wagon engineers are on
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
And what their like to work for

Status
Not open for further replies.