• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Belated refund from TPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cletus

Established Member
In February last year TPE did a £1.00 ticket sale then in March a further bonus offer of some £1.00 tickets.

I booked a couple for May, but obviously couldn't use them. I claimed the refund, out of habit really. Nothing happened, I wasn't really bothered about £2.00 :lol:

Then suddenly this week the refund came through. Just a bit of a delay :D

I wonder what triggered the refund coming through?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hardcastle

I had a refund of £2.30 last week on a application i made in May which i thought odd.

Last edited:
They’ve probably realised there’s loads of low level refunds waiting and authorised them all at the same time (before year end maybe?)

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
(before year end maybe?)
Sounds quite likely. Another possibility that occurred to me, bearing the GA Delay Repay operation in mind, is whether railway companies are trying to get their accounts resolved before the new relationship with the government fully comes in: essentially do they want to draw a line under their old accounts and have a clean start?

woody505

Just seen this thread logged onto my account i have £30 in tickets still awaiting refund from last February! Rang up today customer services seemed genuinely surprised that they where still processing refunds from February last year and would look into it.

stuart100100

My £4 worth of £1 tickets still show awaiting refund for travel dates last April....not fussed about £4 but maybe I'll get it at some point :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.