• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Belgian rail Strikes planned

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwlMan

Established Member
The small trades union of train drivers ASTB has announced new strike action in a press release. The ASTB plans to go on strike every Saturday between mid-July and the end of August. The ASTB demands better payment and improved working conditions.
The ASTB had threatened to go on strike every weekend earlier on, in order to withdraw its threat later. Talks with Belgian Rail seemed to go well, but have apparently failed.........

see http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/News/1.2383776

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Birdbrain

I'm travelling from Amsterdam to Brussels on 1st August. Hopefully it wont affect me as that's NS?

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Anymore news about these weekend strikes, I am supposed to be going on Eurostar to Brussels for the day soon. ?

Quakkerillo

On the questions that were asked:

Eurostar: Normal service should run. IF (small chance) they block railways, trains will terminate at Lille instead of Brussels South-Midi, and a bus service will be provided.
NS: Normal service should run. If (small chance) they block railways, trains might terminate at Antwerp instead of Brussels. From there, you'll be able to get trains to Mechelen / Leuven / Dendermonde, where local buses will run.

However, I just expect that about 40% of the NMBS/SNCB-run trains will be cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.