• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Belgium: emergency timetable from monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

gysev

Severe restrictions are applied in Belgium since this week in an attempt to slow down the spreading of the Corona virus.

As a result, SNCB will introduce an emergency timetable from monday 23 march. A basic service will run on main lines, usually one train every hour. Services will end between 8 and 9 PM.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Do you mean 0800 to 2100, rather than 2000 to 2100? Just checking... this is Belgium we are talking about !

TheSeeker

I've just been told to work from home for another two weeks. 500 euro fine if you're on out on the street with no good reason. Colleagues who have to be in the office are given legal proof in writing to show to the police. We are asked to not use public transport.

MarcVD

Belgium also just decided to close its borders. I don't know yet what it means for international trains.

AlexNL

Established Member
Belgium also just decided to close its borders. I don't know yet what it means for international trains.
As things stand now:

To the Netherlands:
- 1tph Antwerpen Centraal - Noorderkempen - Breda - Rotterdam Centraal
- 2tpd Brussels - Amsterdam (Thalys)
- "Significantly less" trains Roosendaal-Antwerpen and Maastricht-Luik according to NS International, I haven't seen timetables yet

France and UK:
- 2tpd Brussels - London (Eurostar)
- 2tpd Brussels - Paris (Thalys)

Germany:
- 3tpd Brussels - Frankfurt (ICE, all Thalys trains to Germany cancelled)
- Spa-Géronstère - Aachen unknown - mobil.nrw says "no limitations", SNCB say "L trains run only during peak hours"

Luxembourg:
- 1tph Troisvierges/Gouvy - Luxembourg
- 2tph Arlon - Luxembourg (1 IC, 1 RB)
- 1tph Athus - Luxembourg

MarcVD

That schedule was published before the decision to close borders was taken. So most probably there will be further reductions. Please note also that with France, lots of IC trains to Lille are cancelled, as well as all to Aulnoye & Maubeuge. On remaining trains, only business travel is allowed, with written justification from employer.

AlexNL

Established Member
I had completely forgotten about the services to Lille, I didn't see them listed on the NMBS or B-Europe pages about the alterations either.

The daily services to Aulnoyes and Maubeuge are indeed cancelled.

Peter Kelford

I've just been told to work from home for another two weeks. 500 euro fine if you're on out on the street with no good reason. Colleagues who have to be in the office are given legal proof in writing to show to the police. We are asked to not use public transport.
Same over in France. To travel you need a justification, valid ticket and ID. You risk a criminal record if not.

AlexNL

Established Member
NMBS' app now shows the changes to the cross border services to the Netherlands. As expected, services have been cut back significantly.

To/from Roosendaal, there is an hourly service during peak hours only (06:00 - 10:00 and 15:00 - 19:00). Outside of those time slots, there is no service.

There is no service between Visé and Maastricht. This leads to a somewhat peculiar situation in Eijsden, this is a Dutch station which is served exclusively by Belgian trains as it's under 3 kV electrification.

Formally, NS is responsible for making sure Eijsden sees a service as the station is part of their contract.

On average Eijsden sees 160 passengers a day which makes it one of the least used stations in the country. Given the current circumstances I don't think anyone is expecting a service from Eijsden.

TheSeeker

"Justin on Eurostar" a Eurostar train manager on twitter now reporting police checks at arrivals in Brussels "If you don't have a valid reason to travel you will be sent back on the next train to London".

Peter Kelford

"Justin on Eurostar" a Eurostar train manager on twitter now reporting police checks at arrivals in Brussels "If you don't have a valid reason to travel you will be sent back on the next train to London".
Where you will now be sent back to Brussels...

Status
Not open for further replies.