• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Belmond British Pullman

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainmania100

Established Member
Regularly, Belmond, a premium rail tour operator, run various tours out of London Victoria East.
Usually, a Class 67 leads the Pullman stock in to the terminus, on its own. Following this, a light 67 then arrives shortly after, on the same platform.
The question that I'm faced with is a simple one, but one which I feel has a complexed answers.
The question being, why do they create a separate path for a light locomotive in to London Victoria following the ecs?
Surely it would be simpler to attach the outbound loco at Stewarts lane instead of in the platform at Victoria?
Any ideas?
Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrB

Do the locos come from the same place?

Might be an obvious question but I'm curious too...

trainmania100

Established Member
Do the locos come from the same place?

Might be an obvious question but I'm curious too...

Both the stock (with a loco) and a separate light loco come from the same place
The light loco then goes and joins up in the station as opposed to at the depot...
It would seem simpler and safer to attach the them both at the depot compared to in an electrified third rail platform :p
There must be some reasoning behind the madness

leomartin125

Both the stock (with a loco) and a separate light loco come from the same place
The light loco then goes and joins up in the station as opposed to at the depot...
It would seem simpler and safer to attach the them both at the depot compared to in an electrified third rail platform :p
There must be some reasoning behind the madness

It's not madness I assure you. It maybe due to the fact that a loco needs to be allocated at late notice to work the consist, or in case one may not be available or operational, it isn't dead on the front causing problems.

I'll let someone with better knowledge explain. But there is a perfectly viable reason. The Caledonian Sleeper comes in with no front loco attached, the front loco may come down seperately as a light engine, so there are reasons behind this.

Status
Not open for further replies.