• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Berlin-Brandenburg Tageskarte

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister-sparky

Hey guys, I’m going to Berlin soon and I want to have a bash around Brandenburg too. I know the above ticket is valid on all local and regional services within the state of Brandenburg, but I have also read it’s valid on routes outside of Brandenburg too. Is there a comprehensive list (in English) of these routes? Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spoorslag '70

This is the best I can find for the "Brandenburg-Berlin-Ticket" (29€/person, valid from 0900hrs M-F, all day Sa, Su and Holidays). Note that this is (for some reason) not valid on the "Schöneiche-Rüdersdorfer Straßenbahn" which I would usually recommend when visiting Berlin. There is also a VBB Tageskarte Gesamtnetz which is valid on all VBB services (i.e. within Berlin and Brandenburg) valid all day for 21€, thus the Brandenburg-Berlin-Ticket only has benefits when travelling on those extra lines or with multiple persons.

Veteran Member
This is the best I can find for the "Brandenburg-Berlin-Ticket" (29€/person, valid from 0900hrs M-F, all day Sa, Su and Holidays). Note that this is (for some reason) not valid on the "Schöneiche-Rüdersdorfer Straßenbahn" which I would usually recommend when visiting Berlin.

You have to look quite hard to find this restriction! It's on the SRS website, and in the BB-Ticket PDF linked, but without knowing the tram was a separate organisation why would you think to check?

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
It'll be valid from Tantow over to Szczecin (and valid on the buses and trams there) as well as Küstrin-Kietz to Kostrzyn. I'd recommend the former, not a lot in the latter.

dutchflyer

Established Member
The 29 € ticket is for groups and ALSO valid on some sectors out of the exact district-i.e. f.e. Szczecin (and even incl local citybus+tram there). Can be had from any DB-machine anywhere in DE up to 1 month before-but no money back if not used.
The 21€ ticket is for strictly 1 person and does NOT allow the out-of-district sectors, this is only available from local machines or bus drivers out of town.
These leaflets with maps as linked up are widely available at all DB+VBB/BVB-offices locally. BVB also offers very detailed ocal maps with the trams, nightbuses etc. A complete networkmap for Berlin+surrounds is 1,95.
There should also be a dayticket (valid all day, no 9.00 limit) valid on all of Berlin and onto Brandenburg (thus incl. Potsdam-with also all local transpo there) for maybe a little less-try yourself if an early start is wanted and small savings are important. Again from local machines only. Depending on the machine used (DB or BVB=city) these tickets still must be stamped or not.

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
Also, are these tickets valid on local trains only or can they be used on IC or ICE? Thanks!

The VBB ticket is valid on a select number of Long distance services in the appropriate zones.

I'm not sure about the DB Berlin Brandenburg ticket

rg177

Established Member
Associate Staff
International Transport
I've had a dig and it's valid on the following:

Berlin - Bernau - Eberswalde - Angermünde - Prenzlau

ICE: 1531, 1712, 1714
IC: 1924, 1970, 2422, 2424, 2426, 2428

Prenzlau - Angermünde - Eberswalde - Bernau - Berlin

ICE: 1713, 1729, 1736
IC: 1932, 2325, 2421, 2423, 2426, 2428