• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bermuda Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
I'm still trying to figure out who will actually use this station. It will be at the back of an industrial estate near no houses (completely cut off from housing on one side of the A444 by the direction cars joining the carriageway have to travel) and not really a better park and ride for Coventry than Coventry Arena station will be. The line definitely needs upgrading, a half hourly service would definitely be useful so is this station just something they are putting in while they upgrade the line? With minimal reasons to join or alight there, I fear the station will be very lightly used for years.

The industrial estate is the reason for the station - it is a destination station. I will certainly be using it to go to the Odeon cinema.

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
The industrial estate will be dominated by cars though. Some people who work there might use it, but not many. People on business will travel by road as they do already. I would also imagine it is at least a mile from the cinema, and you have to cross an extremely busy dual carriageway to get there. The road from the station is on a huge roundabout and I cant see a pedestrian crossing being put there so people walking might have to double back on themselves or walk all the way round the island and access the cinema from the Bedworth side of things.

mattyb1405

"There will be 30 car parking spaces provided along St Georges Way for use by rail passengers.
These spaces will be located off the eastern side of the carriageway but within the highway
boundary."

According to the report if I have read it right, there will only be 30 parking spaces, not sure if this is good / bad / indifferent / easily extendable in the future if required ? Would it make a good park and ride station for those heading to Nuneaton - the town centre does seem to get busy, or even park and ride to Coventry. If it was more a park and ride would it be detrimental to usage at Bedworth?

Jamie153

I for one will be using Bermuda Park station for work. I also live near to the soon to be built Coventry Arena, so will be using both on a daily basis. Long overdue IMO as the service on this line is poor to say the least

Badger

I don't understand why everyone sees industrial estates or business parks as bad places for a station. On top of the leisure part, with the bowling, hotel, odeon and restaurants, and the retail park, there must be hundreds of workers to serve at Bermuda Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.