• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Berney Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the line now closed completely

Was speaking to someone yesterday and they said all the track was rusty and nature has started to claim some of the track bed

If that is the case its looking like the line is going to need alot of money invested to run trains again

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Alfie1014

Think it’s been reported somewhere that the weed killing train had been down it this summer?

High Dyke

Established Member
It would probably be open again if Network Rail hadn't made such a bodge job of the resignalling. Perhaps they should have insisted on a like for like replacement instead of losing local knowledge and understanding of the area by moving control many miles away.

Established Member
I was talking to someone earlier who I would expect to be "in the know". They said the route is "possibly going to reopen next April".

Issues cropped up with attempting to transfer the signalling to Romford ROC apparently.

dk1

Veteran Member
The entire Wherry Lines are scheduled for a 23 day blockade around half term next February/March after which both routes from Yarmouth should be back up & running again. Been shocking that this has been allowed to go on as long as it has but no point going on about it as its done now.

mawallace

I was talking to someone earlier who I would expect to be "in the know". They said the route is "possibly going to reopen next April".

Issues cropped up with attempting to transfer the signalling to Romford ROC apparently.

I thought it was being transferred across to colchester -signal control.

BS56

I read some where that Romford ROC is no longer going to control signalling in East Anglia at all just crossrail .

dk1

Veteran Member
I read some where that Romford ROC is no longer going to control signalling in East Anglia at all just crossrail .
Yes I've heard that too. Rather an expensive building considering it does very little in the way of signalling. Oh well, these things happen. Colchester & Cambridge power boxes do a grand job controlling most of East Anglia. Why change?

LAX54

Established Member
Will reopen end of Feb 2020, when the resignalling is to be commissioned during the period 1st to 23rd Feb, so the Berney Line will reopen on 23rd, as stated the weedkiller has been up and down the line a couple of times. Will be controlled from 2 workstations at Colchester, as also stated Romford is now more of a Control / Office building, as it was a bit small to put any signalling gear in there !
The dates indicated at the mo: Sat 1st Feb & Sun 2nd Feb Norwich & Yarmouth Blocked.
Monday 3rd to Sunday 16th Norwich - Yarmouth / Lowestoft and Ipswich to Lowestoft.
Monday 17th to Sunday 23rd Feb Buckenham to Oulton Broad North, then all being well, full service all lines from 23rd

LAX54

Established Member

No it was the system being used had an 'issue', this was resolved when a resig scheme was commissioned a few weeks ago elsewhere.

dk1

Veteran Member
Unless you are one of the guys who keeps me waiting hours to get into Crown Point... :lol:
That would be more to do with the Panel not accepting you than poor old Swills. He was always a distant puller back in the day like me :p

LAX54

Established Member
That would be more to do with the Panel not accepting you than poor old Swills. He was always a distant puller back in the day like me :p

Thankyou :) Traffic to the Point is all down to the 'Signaller' there, we ask for acceptance, and then wait...and wait...and...... and yes, my shift always try to give greens all the way, and if we can give an early run, rest assured we will, there is the odd shift that say, nope your time is xxxx and stick to it, then make that train late as the one in front is late ! (when you could have been 20 miles away!)

Thankyou :) Traffic to the Point is all down to the 'Signaller' there, we ask for acceptance, and then wait...and wait...and...... and yes, my shift always try to give greens all the way, and if we can give an early run, rest assured we will, there is the odd shift that say, nope your time is xxxx and stick to it, then make that train late as the one in front is late ! (when you could have been 20 miles away!)

Ah yes the old hold you on a red south of Ipswich tunnel because you dared to have a good run, only to see you out of Ipswich 2'late because they soaked up all your platform time

LAX54

Established Member
Ah yes the old hold you on a red south of Ipswich tunnel because you dared to have a good run, only to see you out of Ipswich 2'late because they soaked up all your platform time

Is that the evening Ni90 ? If so, the schedule does not work at Ipswich, you have to wait for the Up GE to traverse 1312 points from P3 to Up Main, at other times of the day, if there is a train going into P4, then the overlap runs into the Down Main.
If you are following a freight, then you have to wait for the last vehicle to clear CO313, planning seems to think you can run a 2100 foot train into the yard at 10 to 15 mph in 2mins !

Class 170101

Established Member
Looking at RTT for Ipswich. The current 19:50 on weekdays Ipswich to Liverpool Street will start at Colchester Platform 1 at 20:12. Its current back working terminating at Colchester rather than operating through to Ipswich. (From December)

Status
Not open for further replies.