• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best Booking Site with option to select seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

njr001

I want make advance booking(s) for a date in early August between Paddington and Cardiff Central for three people to travel together and return the following day preferably first class if advances available at a reasonable price. (All of us have Senior Railcards)

It's slightly complicated as one person will be starting their journey from Harpenden and another from Rickmansworth and then for us all to meet at Paddington and take the 1015 service, returning the following day on the 1625 from Cardiff.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I suggest going to a staffed station, as I don't think any site can do seat selection for fGW.

That may mean you lose out on online offers, though - in such a case you might be best advised to book separately and look for seats together when on board, as while you technically have to sit in your reserved seat on an Advance ticket it is rarely enforced.

Last edited:

dzug2

The other solution is to book from Paddington rather than Harpenden or Rickmansworth. Even then I don't think seats together - for 3 - can be guaranteed. There are very few tables for 4 on FGW since they went to high density

But that would mean losing the advance savings on the leg into London - assuming they amount to much anyway

gray1404

Established Member
Most simple solution here, get online book all the tickets and get the best savings. Then when onboard the train look for seats together. Certainly your outward train will not be busy, the return might be a little bit more busy.

If you do go to a booking office make sure you take all 3 railcards with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.