• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best Cab Ride, Paddington - Bristol

Status
Not open for further replies.

pt_mad

Established Member
Which is the best available cab ride DVD from Paddington - Bristol? I am so far trying to choose between Video125, 'Cab Ride 32 - Paddington - Bristol' which I presume is Kingfisher??? Are there any more?

Also are there any others available that go on from Bristol towards Cornwall other than HST Far West???

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zoe

Established Member
If you want the full cab ride without commentary then go for Railscene. If you want commentary, trackside shots and other features then go for Video 125 HST Great West.

HST Great West also covers Bristol to Exeter although this is abridged. HST West covers Exeter to Saltash. There is also a class 50 Railscene cab ride from Exeter to Plymouth.

Last edited:

pt_mad

Established Member
If you want the full cab ride without commentary then go for Railscene. If you want commentary, trackside shots and other features then go for Video 125 HST Great West.

HST Great West also covers Bristol to Exeter although this is abridged. HST West covers Exeter to Saltash. There is also a class 50 Railscene cab ride from Exeter to Plymouth.

What is the quality of the footage like on the Railscene one?

I am right in thinking that Video125 and Railscene are the only two available? Also are railscene like a home burned DVD operation or are the discs professional produced with artwork and cover etc?

driver9000

Established Member
The Railscene films are products of their time - 1980s/1990s and although they may have been filmed on commercial equipment at the time they do show their age. The Railscene films show the whole route end to end with no cut away and the commentary is purely the in cab conversation held during filming. I have a few of the Railscene DVDs and I don't think they are home burned. There is no artwork to speak of besides the title and an outline of Britain. I recall in one of the DVDs I have the cameraman explains that the footage was intended to be used in a video magazine production but the cab ride films proved popular and he decided to keep filming them along with releasing them in full.

pt_mad

Established Member
Thanks. Is there a difference between Railscene, Kingfisher Cab Rides and Railway Recollections? Kingfisher and Railscene both seem to hae this route. It may be the same cab ride?

driver9000

Established Member
Railscene is/was made by Kingfisher. The ones I have begin with the Kingfisher logo.

jamesc

I am looking for a Penzance - Plymouth Cab View, looking for the whole route with no cuts. I do have the HST Far West VHS tape from Video 125 from Saltash to Penzance but this has lots of cuts.

The Railway Recollections dvds seems good, I have the Waterloo - Exeter Double dvd, this is the full route with no cuts and no commentary which i like. I hope to get more of there dvds. They don't seem to have a Penzance -Plymouth cab view unfortunatly but I have found this http://225studios.com/02-penzance---plymouth-99-p.asp it runs for 104 mins, does anyone have this dvd, is it the full route with no cuts?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.