• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best camera phone for rail videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainmania100

Established Member
Many phones are praised for their amazing cameras and high mega pixels but whilst they're tested on many things such as close up zoom and moving cars, very few camera phone reviews take into consideration moving trains, in both low light and fast moving scenarios.

I have called you all here today because I'd like to find out what mobile phone you use, if you primarily use your phone for recording videos.
I have a video camera and it really is fantastic but I'm moving towards phone because I have a lot less hassle with station staff using my phone compared to a video camera for some reason.
My existing phone, a Motorola G4 offers fantastic levels of detail however has a long crack down the middle. I'm looking for something that has good low light capabilities, and am looking closely at Google Pixel 2 XL.

What phone do you use if you regularly shoot train videos?
My Moto G4 captures trains well, but close up shots it has the tendency to try and get me to turn with the passing train, as it pulls the video footage to one side , tilts the angle etc.
Nothing beats a good video camcorder but I get more heads turned at me with a video camera compared to using my phone.

Thanks in advanc

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainmania100

Established Member
Thanks Gaz, i have been looking at iPhones but don't feel comfortable moving to an apple device. I have paid video editor on Android Google app store and iPhones are often very expensive lol
Read that article you shared , looks like iPhones are well worth their price tag I guess
Thankyoy for your input. Do you have a YouTube channel?

gazthomas

Established Member
No problem! The latest Samsung, HTC and Google Pixel are worth their weight in gold. At prices similar to Apples!

Have you thought about a compact camera? My Sony WX-350 is pretty nifty at HD video and has a big zoom for its size. Good value too.

I have done some Youtubing, but I gave up long time ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.