• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best Class 142 To Download

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
I'm after a Class 142, so really would like the best one, with the most realistic sounds. Which one shall I get?

Thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
Rich said:
Hi guys,
I'm after a Class 142, so really would like the best one, with the most realistic sounds. Which one shall I get?

Thanks,

Tell me you don't like the 142??

The Snap

Established Member
Harold said:
Looks like we have another Gareth Hale on this forum!

I like 'em, yes! :o :D I think the reason is that I've lived with them going past my house every half an hour for the last 14 years!! :p

Anyway, I'll have a look through them all, and see what I can find.

Cheers gents,

devon_metro

Established Member
Rich said:
I like 'em, yes! :o :D I think the reason is that I've lived with them going past my house every half an hour for the last 14 years!! :p

Anyway, I'll have a look through them all, and see what I can find.

Cheers gents,

Expect a PM from Gareth ;)

Gareth Hale

dvn1357 said:
Tell me you don't like the 142??
We LOVE the 142's.......... LOVE!!!!!!!!! :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7: :love7:

Harold said:
Looks like we have another Gareth Hale on this forum!
Could be worse...... More the merry'er I say!

dvn1357 said:
Expect a PM from Gareth
Sent you a PM ;)

dvn1357 said:
Lets hope Rich doesnt start singing
Nothing wrong with my songs is there?
--- edited ---
Harold said:
Theres a 142 set included with the North West England CD.

How is that Class 142? Ill buy it if it is a good model, just for the train.

The Snap

Established Member
LOL! Basically guys, I don't love them, I prefer Pendos, Voyagfers, HTs, 170s, 158s, 156s etc etc. I only like them because, er, I do - don't know why! (Never been on one mind, and never will most probably because of the bouncing they do!) :p

Coxster

Established Member
The best 142s are the re-worked ones on UKTrainSim (see link above) by Anton Courtney-May

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
The best 142s are the re-worked ones on UKTrainSim (see link above) by Anton Courtney-May

Hi Damon,
I realised that the 142s on that page were all by the same guy, and were all Version 2. I have downloaded a couple, but haven't had chance to run them yet, as I'm still messing around with making consists - which I don't have a clue what to do! :(

Mushroom

Where I live you only get pacers. If you are very lucky you may get a 150. Damn Northern. Damn the Manchester - Chester line!

Southern

Rich said:
Hi Damon,
I realised that the 142s on that page were all by the same guy, and were all Version 2. I have downloaded a couple, but haven't had chance to run them yet, as I'm still messing around with making consists - which I don't have a clue what to do! :(

The Installer should have already made a consist for you.

Gareth Hale

MancunianTrammer said:
Where I live you only get pacers. If you are very lucky you may get a 150. Damn Northern. Damn the Manchester - Chester line!

Lucky :s:s:s Don't you mean down right unlucky, 150's are the worst.... I agree, the best 142's are the V2 on UKTS

DLA365

MancunianTrammer said:
That line is hourly, which makes it very inconvenient to get from Altrincham to Manchester on a Rail Ranger.

I prefer 142's with bench seats to those with modular seats. And I too prefer the 142 to 150 - at least the noise is bearable.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
DLA365 said:
That line is hourly, which makes it very inconvenient to get from Altrincham to Manchester on a Rail Ranger.

I prefer 142's with bench seats to those with modular seats. And I too prefer the 142 to 150 - at least the noise is bearable.

I can't believe what I'm seeing here! I just reeeaallly hate 142/3s, and when a 150 comes vice 143, i love it!

I don't know if there's a big difference between 142/3s, but when the 143s are at line speed with a bit of throttle on, the noise is unbearable!

150s IMO aren't as bad by anymeans though. The best DMU for quietness which I've been on was 170505, on the seats directly behind the cab. I honestly couldn't hear ANY engine noise.. Going back on a 2-car CT170 however was a different story..

Coxster

Established Member
Rich said:
Hi Damon,
Is it any wonder when you simply cannot be bothered to read the manual? Next you'll be asking how to create paths on routes so you can start wherever you like...

Off the top of my head - don't blame me if I forgot to add a bit.

Creating Consists

1. Load 'Editors and Tools'

2.Click on 'Activity Editor'

3. At the top left, click 'File' and then 'New' and select any route from the menu that pops-up, same with the 'Activity Name' pop-up. Neither of these matter.

4. In the right column click the 'New' button that is under the heading 'Player'.

5. In the window that pops-up, click the 'New' button under the heading 'Consist'.

6. Then type in the 'Name' and 'Display Name' fields something that will make you remember what is in the consist. I usually use the same name for each e.g. 2SPTClass334s shows it is two Class 334s in SPT livery joined together.

7. Double click on the stock you want in the consist. You must only choose ones with the small symbol on the left for the driving vehicle as it denotes they have a cabview. Ensure your stock has the same brake type. Train Sim will only stop you having trains joined together if they have different couplers. If you wish to remove an item from your consist, drag it from the preview pane to the small square icon above the preview pane.

8. When done, Click 'Save and Exit'. Then close everything else down.

A Path creation tutorial can be found on my website - http://www.virtual-rail.co.uk/mstspaths.htm

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
Is it any wonder when you simply cannot be bothered to read the manual? Next you'll be asking how to create paths on routes so you can start wherever you like...

Off the top of my head - don't blame me if I forgot to add a bit.

Creating Consists

1. Load 'Editors and Tools'

2.Click on 'Activity Editor'

3. At the top left, click 'File' and then 'New' and select any route from the menu that pops-up, same with the 'Activity Name' pop-up. Neither of these matter.

4. In the right column click the 'New' button that is under the heading 'Player'.

5. In the window that pops-up, click the 'New' button under the heading 'Consist'.

6. Then type in the 'Name' and 'Display Name' fields something that will make you remember what is in the consist. I usually use the same name for each e.g. 2SPTClass334s shows it is two Class 334s in SPT livery joined together.

7. Double click on the stock you want in the consist. You must only choose ones with the small symbol on the left for the driving vehicle as it denotes they have a cabview. Ensure your stock has the same brake type. Train Sim will only stop you having trains joined together if they have different couplers. If you wish to remove an item from your consist, drag it from the preview pane to the small square icon above the preview pane.

8. When done, Click 'Save and Exit'. Then close everything else down.

A Path creation tutorial can be found on my website - http://www.virtual-rail.co.uk/mstspaths.htm

Cheers for that Damon. I have found the ConBuilder thing on UKTS and have that now. It works fine, and now have loads of new stock to play with.

Cheers for your help, anyway - may come in handy sometime! :D

Coxster

Established Member
Rich said:
Cheers for that Damon. I have found the ConBuilder thing on UKTS and have that now. It works fine, and now have loads of new stock to play with.

Cheers for your help, anyway - may come in handy sometime! :D
The Train Sim Consist Manager (TSCM) is also a good one as you can preview it before saving. It puts the coaches into 3d etc and you can move around it all before saving, just like in the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.