• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJP

Where is your favourite spotting or photting locaton in the UK and why?

(just a bit of fun)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I don't know really, I've not really gone to that many locations. It's been more a case of I've taken photos from wherever I happened to be.

But next week I should be going to quite a few new locations so I may be in a better position to judge then (Monday - North East, Tuesday - Barnetby, Wednesday - Pennines (Mirfield, Marsden, Edale and perhaps more, all of which should be good).

Craig

Established Member
I don't do spotting, but for photos I like anywhere with nice scenery and an interesting train. The Tyne Valley and S&C are two favourites.

A couple of years ago I might have said Crewe due to the variety of trains you could see there. Not any more though, unless you really like units <D

AJP

I like Barnetby for photting because its busy so plenty to phot and always the semaphore signals give a great effect. :)

AJP

For example here is Barnetby....

ybfiri.jpg

Tomnick

Established Member
Did you not like the Down Main Starter then? ;)

Two of my favourite locations at Barnetby (first one might be a bit familiar already!):

y85ubt.jpg

y85ubr.jpg

Tomnick

Established Member
Jordy said:
:shock: :shock: :shock: WHAT!!! When did that happen and why wasn't I there!!! ;) Grrrrrrrrr <( <( ;)

Jordy
It was apparantly 11th April this year - though I seem to remember it being much later than that! I only found out about it that morning, from a friend who drives for EWS - don't think it was too widely known about. Sorry :( ;) .

Just to make you feel better... ;) :)
y85ub6.jpg

Julian G

Established Member
my three favourite locations are:
West Brompton station
Kensington Olympia
and the "LIDL" Car Park at Clapham Junction

my faverite location for takeing photos has to be burcot half way up the lickey incline :D must try Barnetby one day as well before i get 2 old :D

David

Established Member
If you can make it, There is a few of us meeting at Barnetby this Tuesday for the purpose of taking lot's of photo's (hopefully getting quite a few 60's :D). Jordy has arranged it all, so PM him if you are interested

jonb

Established Member
One of my favourite local spots is Ingatestone. I like the shot of trains going Country bound (Towards Norwich) because of the classic view with the signal box in the background like HERE

voyagerdude220

Established Member
One of my favourites, is Tamworth, with it's mix of traffic, on both the ECML (high level platforms) & WCML (low level platforms, with 2 more lines in the centre, for fast trains.)

I'm actually going to be travelling via Tamworth tomorrow lunchtime, & I'll definately enjoy it.

Ian

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Oh yes Tamworth is good but it's not on the ECML ;) We really should organise a trip to Tamworth some time as it's easy for people to get to from almost any direction!

Status
Not open for further replies.