• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best Looking Unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris

To my mind has to be the Japanese Nozomi 400 Shinkansen

Beautiful.jpg

What's your favourite?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
Ohhh, now then...
MML 222s are bloody beautiful :p
Central 170s are nice...
442s, even though they're kinda odd looking...

Kris

MML 222'S - Do look quite good. Why are they much better looking than a Voyager?

T

Tom

I think it's probably the different design of the light cluster, as well as a livery that actually works.

Dennis

Established Member
For some reason, the networker family float my boat (those smiley units are genial)

ChrisCooper

Established Member
MML 222'S - Do look quite good. Why are they much better looking than a Voyager?

The Voyager front end was designed with the involvement of Virgin, so MML and Hull trains had to have a modified design. One of the big changes was the light clusters, and they really make them look so much better. Personally, I prefer the Hull trains ones though, since I like the livery more, and to be quite honest I see so many MML Meridiens I get sick of the bloody things.

Established Member
Well no suprise in my choice!

Got to be a bubble car!

Then a 442!

Then Slammers!

Established Member
We all know my favourite the CLASS 455!!!! even know there quite odd I dont mind 357s or pendos and the 158s/159s and 170s are good and voyagers and mml 222s and hull trains 222?

Coxster

Established Member
I quite like the Turbostar family, and the similar design as on the Class 357s and the later batch of Clubmans.

Hentis

NAh its the 442's.... Best looking unit around. better than these Distrastro's

Cheers

Hentis

compsci

A smiling 365 can often cheer me up if I'm in a bad mood in the morning. They look surprisingly good in the latest variant of First Barbie.

Kris

Must agree - the Barbie Neon looks great.

The stations however in that mucky purple such as Reading; Brunel must be turning in his grave.

Demps

HST!, and then 158's; they look evil.

Oh and about all the new 'First' neon Styling, its ****! its overly compact, and extremely tacky with no stlye! bring back things like the White green FGW

thefab444

Established Member
I quite like 185s, and 444s are no uglier than 442s! (Except 442s are older so they must be better).

Suprised we haven't had a "WOOHOO SWT ARE RIDDIE OF THE 170S DEY ARE TURDO WE LOVE DA ANCIENTEEEEE 158S DEY HAVE SEATIES POUR DA MASSES!" etc.

T

Tom

Woohoo Swt Are Riddie Of The 170s Dey Are Turdo We Love Da Ancienteeeee 158s Dey Have Seaties Pour Da Masses!

Status
Not open for further replies.