• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best place to see Borismasters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hello all,

Not really up to scratch with London bus routes, but is there a sort of 'Clapham Junction' of Borismasters where they converge from different routes?

I'm out in London on Tuesday and before getting the coach back, I'd like to try and get some phots of the Borismasters in special schemes (Like the Silver one and the Adidas ones) but I suspect they could be anywhere, but if they pass through at one area it might increase the chances of them coming through, although any other advertising livery bus not in standard red appearing would be a bonus!

Any help on this would be appreciated :)

James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Hello all,

Not really up to scratch with London bus routes, but is there a sort of 'Clapham Junction' of Borismasters where they converge from different routes?

I'm out in London on Tuesday and before getting the coach back, I'd like to try and get some phots of the Borismasters in special schemes (Like the Silver one and the Adidas ones) but I suspect they could be anywhere, but if they pass through at one area it might increase the chances of them coming through, although any other advertising livery bus not in standard red appearing would be a bonus!

Any help on this would be appreciated :)

James.
If you stand at Victoria Station, just outside the Bus Station in the departing direction, you will see buses with 'conductors' on the 38 (the first to operate them), the 24 (the first to be completely converted to the type) and the iconic 11, plus without 'conductors' on the 148. Alternatively, go along Victoria Street to the east to Parliament Square and you'll get all those, minus the 38, but plus the newly-converted 453, also without 'conductors'. Think Victoria would be best choice,though, 38 being more frequent than the 453 plus it has several non-red buses operating.

Last edited:

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Thanks for that mate! :) Victoria would be good as the coach home is from the coach station, so might spend some time there before going home.

I see there is a full advert YouTube livery as well on LT54, would like to see that!

Mike99

Tottenham Court Road junction with Oxford Street, 8 10 24 390 and a few yards away the 38

Then zip along Oxford Street to Oxford Circus for the 453

+ Victoria Line back to Victoria!!

Last edited:

317 forever

Established Member
Tottenham Court Road junction with Oxford Street, 8 10 24 390 and a few yards away the 38

Then zip along Oxford Street to Oxford Circus for the 453

+ Victoria Line back to Victoria!!

And in February, route 55 is due to go over to LT too.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Trafalgar Square or Hyde Park Corner.

Hyde Park Corner will also shortly see the 137 which, despite previous announcements, will be driver-only. Interestingly, the N137 is not to be converted, so when I stay at my sister's I won't be seeing/hearing them at the bus stop just feet from my bedroom window!

317 forever

Established Member
Hyde Park Corner will also shortly see the 137 which, despite previous announcements, will be driver-only. Interestingly, the N137 is not to be converted, so when I stay at my sister's I won't be seeing/hearing them at the bus stop just feet from my bedroom window!

Hyde Park Corner will then see LTs on routes 9, 10, 38, 137 and 148. This will be less spectacular than it sounds as buses on route 10 heading north will not intersect with buses on route 38 heading south.

Status
Not open for further replies.