• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best Place to see Northern Rail Class 319s

Status
Not open for further replies.

TransportHub

Hi

I am planing to go to Manchester on Saturday (27th feb) to see the Northern Rail class 319s. Does anyone know of some good spots to see and film them?

thanks in advance

Mark

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kite159

Veteran Member
I would say if you want 319s the best place would be in Liverpool (more services). Maybe Edge Hill.

However if you are stuck in Manchester I would say either Eccles or Patricroft

Last edited:

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Take the trip to Hyton or Roby. Some stop, some hammer through at speed. Nearly all of those in service will pass through.

pemma

Veteran Member
If you go on a service between Liverpool South Parkway and Liverpool Lime Street then you'll get to see four or five of them parked up at Allerton.

It seems the 319 which spent the day at Stockport sidings has been replaced by a 323 on Saturdays since the Airport-Piccadilly service switched from being a 323 to a 319.

leomartin125

Hi

I am planing to go to Manchester on Saturday (27th feb) to see the Northern Rail class 319s. Does anyone know of some good spots to see and film them?

thanks in advance

Mark

I know for certain that if your willing to travel up to Euxton or Leyland, there are plenty up there. Plus a lot of other WCML traffic too.

boby32

The following routes are operated by class 319

Liverpool South Parkway - Preston (3 diagrams)
Liverpool Lime Street - Wigan North Western (4 diagrams)
Liverpool Lime Street - Warrington Bank Quay (2 diagrams)
Liverpool Lime Street - Manchester Victoria (3 diagrams)
Liverpool Lime Street -Manchester Airport (via Newton-le-Willows) (3 diagrams)
Manchester Piccadilly - Manchester Airport (1 diagram)

However, the Liverpool Lime Street (LIV) to Manchester Oxford Road (MCO) via Warrington Central (WAC) is booked as DMU and there are 6 diagrams.

Status
Not open for further replies.