• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best places to catch Class 700

Status
Not open for further replies.

leomartin125

Anyone know some good lcoations to film or photograph the Class 700's? Haven't seen any myself yet and would like to go soon.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Supercoss

Daily commissioning runs to Luton or Bedford during daytime and overnight test runs in the early hours, 4 sets stabled at Cricklewood all viewable from passing trains between Cricklewood & Hendon stations (12 car and 8 car nearest mainline, 8 car behind that, 12 car furthest from mainline) Blackfriars at Lunchtime also a good place.

AM9

Veteran Member
Anyone know some good lcoations to film or photograph the Class 700's? Haven't seen any myself yet and would like to go soon.

Thanks

One of the better locations to film arrivals and departures from a comfortable and legal position is the toip floor of the St Albans station car park. You have an unrestricted view of the northern end of both slow and fast platforms.

Here's one I did in 2009;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uko5p9c97U

- the platforms have been extended for 12-cars now which means that the front of the train is better viewed north of the staircase tower, (see departure from the station). Looking at Youtube, it seem that many others know about this photo viewpoint too.

Status
Not open for further replies.