• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best Software for Signals Training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john13

Hello everybody

I've just started training as a driver here in Adelaide and I'm trying to improve my understanding of signalling. The South Australian system is broadly similar to the British one, from what I understand.

Can anyone recommend a particular programme or app? I'm especially interested in solving problems - getting a train from A to B in a complex shunting yard, etc - that would strongly test my grasp of signalling concepts. I'm not sure that SimSig lets users do that.

Thanks for any help. Really looking forward to reading your answers.

John

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dhassell

Hello everybody

I've just started training as a driver here in Adelaide and I'm trying to improve my understanding of signalling. The South Australian system is broadly similar to the British one, from what I understand.

Can anyone recommend a particular programme or app? I'm especially interested in solving problems - getting a train from A to B in a complex shunting yard, etc - that would strongly test my grasp of signalling concepts. I'm not sure that SimSig lets users do that.

Thanks for any help. Really looking forward to reading your answers.

John

I reckon Simsig would be your best bet!

john13

Thanks so much for the advice. Looking forward to trying SimSig!

Dhassell

Thanks so much for the advice. Looking forward to trying SimSig!

I would keep your eye on multiplayer sessions on the Simsig forums, alot of fun and it also has its upsides of teamwork skills!

Status
Not open for further replies.