• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best SW/Midlands/London Loco Spotting Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipbury

Good Morning,

Can anyone recommend the best location in the southwest (extending up to London/Birmingham) where the best place is to see the most loco movements on a day out. It can be any day of the week as long as I can travel by train.

As a youngster my train watching days were mainly spent in the North East with day trips out to Carlisle, Warrington, Doncaster and the odd trip to Glasgow if we were feeling flush.

I've lived in the SW a long time now (near the Bath to Westbury line so see a few freight trains when I'm out and about) and quite fancy a day revisiting my youth!

Any suggestions welcome,

Chris

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nunners

Westbury is very popular, lots of stone trains from the Mendips. You'll get mostly 66s and 59s but there are usually some Colas 70s parked in the yard that you can see. Normally a few other spotters thee when I've been before

Fenchurch SP

Didcot Parkway and the other stations toward Reading sees lots of freight passing. Also Eastleigh where you could also see locos in the sidings.

Status
Not open for further replies.