• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best travel ticket for Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenorthern

Established Member
I am going to Paris for a couple of days and I was wondering what the best type of ticket to get is if the Navigo pass or a day ticket is better and which one is cheaper?

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

route101

Established Member
I am going to Paris for a couple of days and I was wondering what the best type of ticket to get is if the Navigo pass or a day ticket is better and which one is cheaper?

When i went i got a 2 day ticket was 38 euros , a bit steep but not so when its like 20 euros return on the RER to CDG as i was staying at CDG.

CC 72100

Established Member
Navigo pass is best if you can get one - 20 euros a week (note calendar week, not 7 days) and unlike the Mobilis day ticket it does include CDG. I imagine route101 bought a Paris Visite which is again a day (or multi-day) ticket but this time does include access to CDG.

Billy A

I generally just buy a carnet of ten tickets for €11.90 which lasts me a couple of days. Three tickets will take you to or from CDG if you've the time to take the regular city bus, no 350.

CC 72100

Established Member
Carnets for métro gives you metro, bus journey or RER in Paris city (zone 1)... are you sure you reached CDG on a carnet ticket given that a single to the airport is 10 euros itself?

Billy A

Carnets for métro gives you metro, bus journey or RER in Paris city (zone 1)... are you sure you reached CDG on a carnet ticket given that a single to the airport is 10 euros itself?

Certainly, I've done it several times!
Like I said, three tickets (because three zones) and bus no 350. It travels between Gare de l'Est and CDG with a diversion in and around the industrial estates near the airport so it's not a quick journey. When you land at CDG you just take the shuttle to the bus station, I think it's terminal 2. It also stops at one of the doors of Terminal 1 but I can never remember which one.

dutchflyer

Established Member
Can even be done for 2 tickets-1 for metro and one for (limited service) a local bus to airport from some out of the way metro station (sorry, have no details here at hand)-this line mostly serves all the freight etc. areas in airport area, but you can connect to some free shuttle. Of course: the lower the price, the more discomfort.
ORLY is now very easy: metro+tram.
In LONdon the cheapest way centre to LHR is by nightbus-just the usual 1,50.

route101

Established Member
Certainly, I've done it several times!
Like I said, three tickets (because three zones) and bus no 350. It travels between Gare de l'Est and CDG with a diversion in and around the industrial estates near the airport so it's not a quick journey. When you land at CDG you just take the shuttle to the bus station, I think it's terminal 2. It also stops at one of the doors of Terminal 1 but I can never remember which one.

Used that 350 service , i thought it was a very frequent service but it stopped early .

fishter

I wrote a blog post on this after I moved to Paris:
https://housewithshutters.wordpress.com/2017/05/10/public-transport-good-bad-ugly/

I travel daily on the suburban train and tram services and most weekends on the city-centre Metro or bus services. I have an annual Navigo, but my wife and children use carnet tickets. I wrote the blog post as a guide for friends and family coming to visit us - if there are any inaccuracies, please let me know and I will update.

Status
Not open for further replies.