• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bexhill to New Cross Gate season ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobie

I'm looking at options for a season ticket from Bexhill to New Cross Gate for my commute. Here's one option offered by the National Rail search tool:

Bexhill (BEX) to Travelcard Zones 2-6
Available Standard Class Adult Season Tickets (Travel is allowed by any route option shown by the Journey Planner where the journey can be made using only one ticket.)

I currently go via Battle/Tunbridge Wells with changes at St Leonards Warrior Square and London Bridge, would the ticket option above be valid for that route?

I'm looking to balance cost with journey time, and willing to change my route, and also cycle to New Cross from a nearby alternative destination. Workplace postcode is SE14 6NW.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cjohnson

The Bexhill-zone 2-6 ticket would not be valid via London Bridge - London Bridge is in zone 1. Furthermore, National Rail shows that a journey from Bexhill to New Cross Gate changing at London Bridge would require two tickets, thus making it not allowed for that season ticket.

telstarbox

Established Member
Welcome to the forum Tobie.

You can travel from Bexhill to New Cross Gate via East Croydon on the ticket you mentioned but this takes 2 hours.

How easy is it for you to get to St Leonards Warrior Square (SLQ) from home? You could commute from SLQ to New Cross (changing at London Bridge) which would save you 20 minutes each way. However, this would require a ticket valid in Zone 1.

Alternatively, you could do SLQ to New Cross changing trains at Orpington, which would only go up to Zone 2 so you could use a St Leonards Warrior Square to Travelcard Z2-6 ticket.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.