• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bicester North to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

midlandred

Hi
Trying to sort out tickets for daughter and grandson (5) Bicester North-London return with Travelcard, Monday 18 August

Chiltern quote £47.70 for the 09.22 out, 18.47 return
Trainline shows a £30.00 charge (child £5) for 1 adult 1 child "Family Travelcard" for the same timings

I believe National Rail also quote £47.70 - is there a "snag" or special requirement with the cheaper option which I am missing?

Hope SKS can help!

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
There is no special requirement. WebTIS engines do not seem to have the Family Travelcard (a separate fare to the normal Travelcard fares) programmed in.

www.virgintrains.co.uk will sell me the correct ticket without fees.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
There is no special requirement. WebTIS engines do not seem to have the Family Travelcard (a separate fare to the normal Travelcard fares) programmed in.

I believe that may have been at the request of various TOCs, as WebTIS sites were quite happily selling Family Travelcards for individual Adult travellers at one point, which naturally led to numerous arguments with passengers being told their tickets weren't valid.

Obviously it was easier for Atos to suppress them from display completely than to determine the root cause!

Status
Not open for further replies.