• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bicester to London Zones 1-2 commuting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tspaul26

Established Member
Hello,

I have been a casual browser of the forums for a couple of years now, although I have only just registered in order to seek some advice for my cousin who has recently relocated to Bicester with his family.

He works in central London across a number of sites across Zones 1-2 and wants to know the cheapest combination of tickets for his commute.

A Seven Day Travelcard Season from Bicester North to Zones 1-6 [Any Permitted] is priced at £139.60, so this is the 'price to beat' as it were.

His working pattern is variable, but generally requires him to be in London on MTThF. Times are variable: off-peak tickets may be suitable on some days, but not others. Additional days in London, including at weekends, are occasionally required.

No railcards or other discount entitlements are held.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Welcome to the forum.

To be honest the travelcard quoted at £139.60 is likely to be the best bet. The weekly season to Marylebone is only £20.60 less which won't buy a £32.40 zones 1-2 travelcard. The daily travelcard is £62.50 so you are saving money with the weekly from the third day.

RPM

Established Member
The annual Travelcard will have a lower unit cost than weekly and monthly ones, if he's in a position to shell out for it up front. If he finds during the year he no longer needs it, it can be handed in for a refund. This won't be pro-rata but (other than a £10 admin fee) it will equate to no more than he would have paid for the shorter period if he's asked for that in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.