• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Big Signalling Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Reported around 4am and still causing problems at 4pm!

Signalling problem between Stafford and Wolverhampton

Time Reported: 04:08
Route Affected: Manchester Piccadilly - Stoke-on-Trent - Stafford - Wolverhampton - Birmingham New Street; also Liverpool Lime Street - Crewe - Stafford - Penkridge - Wolverhampton - Birmingham New Street.
TOC/s Affected: Central Trains, Virgin Trains.
Description: Train services between Stafford and Wolverhampton are being disrupted due to a signalling problem.
Alternative Routing: Virgin Train services will be diverted via Nuneaton in both directions.

Due to the diversion services will be delayed up to 60 minutes.

Additional Maps: Additional maps for Signalling problem between Stafford and Wolverhampton.

Updates: 08:32 Alterations and delays of up to 35 minutes can be expected.

There is currently no estimate for a normal train service to resume.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

eos

Sounds like someone put a cable on the back of a truck...

Tomnick

Established Member
Based on the 'happenings' of the last few weeks, the second one seems much more likely!

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
X-City signalling problems as well today.

nutter

Oh boy, if that happens in a few years i'll be the one fixing it, sounds like a major failiure if there is still no ETA for normal services after 12 hours. They should've been able to replace a piece of cable in 12 hrs, so it rules that out

A total power failiure at Madley Junction only lasted 4 hours a few weeks ago

stil there at 09:36, i can't be sure if i'm trying to fix it or not :oops:

David

Established Member
I've just checked NRES, and there is still no update as to when the problem will be fixed. I'm glad I'm not going to Cardiff to do the 50 over the VoG line now.

Status
Not open for further replies.