• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Big WCML trip!! **

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
Today >Thursday<

i went to West Brompton and brought a "single ticket to zone1"
So we (me and my dad) arrived at Euston at 08:00 and lined up to the ticket office
By the time we found out that a return ticket for 2 costs £120..
So the man in the ticket window said something about a Family Railcard
and we brought it for £20 (Yorkie's advice saved the day ;) )
After that we go to M&S to get some "food" for the trip.
And I look up the departure screen and find out that the "08:54 Silverlink Country service to Northampton" will depart from platform "8"

So we board the 08:54 and see a class 350 arrive onto platform 11
The train was delayed but we managed to reach Northampton on time,
so we arrived at northampton 3 minutes late (disgrace!)
so we transferred over to platform 1 for the 10:14 Central Trains for Coventry which was a 350.
So everything alright up to Coventry
I'm not going to mention what i did at Coventry except the boring 99p store..............
So i came back from ---------------------- and went to platform 1 to wait for the 12:15 Desiro train for Rugby and arrives a very delayed Pendolino
18mins late and so is the Desiro only just 2mins
So we got off at Rugby and spotted a Fred (Freightliner 66) with a Drain Cleansing Machine and cl92.

0-0 An Ex-Cobbler set was seen passing Rugby at 12:50 for Holyhead
so we waited for the 13:26 and it's back home via Northampton and Watford Junction to West Brompton

and yes i got a Family Railcard

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nick

1288gaje said:
so we arrived at northampton 3 minutes late (disgrace!)

3 minutes late is not 'disgraceful' by any stretch of the imagination, it's well within the five minutes window TOCs are allowed, there could of been a serious reason why the train was late, but instead you think it's disgracceful safety comes first.

1288gaje said:
18mins late and so is the Desiro only just 2mins

Bit hypocritical arn't we?

Julian G

Established Member
£27.45 with a railcard for two

In the morning at Northampton all Virgin trains were diverted on the Northampton Loop
due to problems on the Weedon line

joeholmes

3 minutes late is not 'disgraceful' by any stretch of the imagination, it's well within the five minutes window TOCs are allowed, there could of been a serious reason why the train was late, but instead you think it's disgracceful safety comes first.

I think youll find he is joking.

joe

Status
Not open for further replies.