• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Biggest Station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJP

What is the Biggest station in the UK? I mean in sense on how many platforms.

My first guess would be Edinburgh Waverley with 21 platforms. :D

Im properly wrong though :roll:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nitro

I think its Clapham Junction but I dont know how many platforms it has...

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Clapham Junction (which is essentially 3 different stations joined together and sharing the same name & platform sequence) only has 16 platforms (Numbered 2-17).

Edinburgh AFAIAA doesn't have 21 platforms, they are numbered up to 21, but they aren't all in use, with some different numbers being the same platform.

The most is Waterloo. 1-19 on the domestic side. International is another 5. Waterloo East has A to D, and the Waterloo & City Line platforms are numbered 25 and 26. Then the "real" Underground platforms add another 6, for 36.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
joea1 said:
I think Waterloo has 20 domestic platforms.

No, there are def. 19, as stated in both Wikipedia *spits* and also on SimSig.

RJ

Established Member
I'm fairly certain it's 20, which is used for charters, HSTs and Reading services.

Coxster

Established Member
You have the main platforms (1-17) then a small walk over to 18 & 19 then you have to go downstairs and into the 'International' section to get access to platform 20.

Simming

theres some station on the continant, or so I here, that has around 89 platforms, whether this was true or not i dont know. (just if there is, I dont envy the platform announcer)

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
What about Grand Central, New York?
Largest in the world by platform numbers, 44, with 67 tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.