• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bill Maynard RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

341o2

Established Member
Learnt of the news that at 89 , after falling from his mobility scooter, Claude Jeremiah Greengrass is no more.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43596854
Heartbeat actor Bill Maynard has died at the age of 89 after a career spanning eight decades.

Daughter-in-law Jacqueline Reddin said he died in hospital in Leicestershire, shortly after breaking his hip in a fall from a mobility scooter.

"He was larger than life and he just loved showbiz," she said. "He was so proud of the fact that he had been working for 81 years."

He was perhaps best known as Claude Jeremiah Greengrass in Heartbeat....

Like to remember the pheasant plucking song

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bromley boy

Established Member
Remember this bloke well.

He looked impressively old back in the 90s so I’m strangely amazed he was “only” 89 when he passed.

I’m glad he made it that far, though. Godspeed.

locomad46

Very sad to learn of Bill passing. Great actor. Thank you for being a True entertainer and now R I P Bill.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Learnt of the news that at 89 (so there's hope for me yet), after falling from his mobility scooter, Claude Jeremiah Greengrass is no more.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43596854

Like to remember the pheasant plucking song

There was an all female group in Orpington about 1986 called the Pheasant Pluckers, no doubt inspired by this song. I believe there's a slightly more salty version of this lyric too.

Status
Not open for further replies.