• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bins on Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJP

There are no bins on stations because its a terrorist threat. There are bins in airports You could easly bomb an airport :roll:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AJP

Yeah Not many major stations. York,Doncaster,Leeds,Newcastle just to name a few. There was metal bins at Kirk Sandall but chaves have changed that.

ChrisM

Haven't seen a bin on a station for ages and people still just throw it on the platform or track.
Have seen staff sweeping up,but stations are starting to look a mess IMO and sometimes you have to move rubbish just to sit down.

Guinness

Established Member
I've seen Bins at a couple of Thames Trains stations before FGWL took over. See-thru bags of course.

T

Tom

Chris, Brockenhurst have some of the see-through description (I believe Bournemouth has a bin on platform 4 too.

ChrisM

tubechallenger said:
Chris, Brockenhurst have some of the see-through description (I believe Bournemouth has a bin on platform 4 too.

Had gone when i was last at Brockenhurst.
And platform 4 is too far to walk,near enough at Cemertry Junction. :lol:

Chessington north used to have plastic bags on brackets, however i haven't seen them lately so the only likely cause is that the chavs made off with them. Shame. The station was a tip anyway but now it's even more exaggerated by the litter :lol:

Oh yeah of course, the holder for the bin is there but no bloody bin!

so you're stood there with the remains of your dinner and a drink and you have to walk out of the station and find a bin!

Coxster

Established Member
On the Class 450 and 444 'Desiros' operated by South West Trains, the tall(ish) metal bins are still in use. You (obvioiusly) cannot see through them!

Carlisle have no litter bins, but the flowers get used as litter bins, doesn't this make stations untidy and never seem to get cleaned out often :? so could this not be exactly the same for a train, you can easily place a bomb in a litter bin on a train :roll:

Coxster

Established Member
20's TILL I DIE! said:
so could this not be exactly the same for a train, you can easily place a bomb in a litter bin on a train :roll:
See my post above R.E. the SWT Desiros.

Tom B

Established Member
Rather stupid sealing up litter bins, they'll just put the bomb elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.