• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham Cross City North And Watford Junction - Rugby Routes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnorail

Hey all I was wonderin how the talented Anthony Bowdenis getting on with his photo realistic WIP routes does anyone have any information on how he is getting on i would love to know. I can't help my self to lookat the screenshots of the Watford Junction - Rugby Route because they look like photos . Please tell me and other bve 4 players how things are progressing . Anybody will do

Cheers

www.jonathan8773.fotopic.net

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
The Watford-Rugby screenshots are not what the route will end up as - they are purely to show BVE's potential. Anthony is still working on them but he has a real-life too so therefore can't dedicate all his time to them.

Jim

Established Member
Coxster said:
The Watford-Rugby screenshots are not what the route will end up as - they are purely to show BVE's potential. Anthony is still working on them but he has a real-life too so therefore can't dedicate all his time to them.

Seconded. It will be out when it is ready...

AlexS

Established Member
Just a warning - not that I've seen it here, but it does happen a lot in the BVE community - the next time I see someone give a totally disproportionate fly off the handle response to a new member asking about when a release might be a available, they will be receiving a ticking off.

I'm not sure what people expect, but it shouldn't be that people will see some fantastic screenshots and then forget about the route till it just appears.

If you see a new computer game pre release thing you like the look of, you try and find out an approximate release date for the game, do you not. Why should it be different with BVE? I don't know what new community members thing when they log in and get an irate message back because they've asked when something might be available. Just because it's become the accepted thing for BVE, why should new users already know about it, with their psychic powers, I expect.

If it does start occuring regularly on this forum, it will not be glossed over, it will be treated exactly like any other nasty message towards another user, and you will receive a telling off.

Tom B

Established Member
People shouldn't be pestering for release dates, but if it's a noobie then more discretion than if it were someone who's been round for ages should be exercised.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Really, the difference is between a quiet and calm warning that people should ask too much about release dates, and leaping down someones throat. We have to remember that we were all new once, and many of us made mistakes early on (well, AFAIK not me, but a lot of people ;) ). The worst thing is that often the worst for flying of the handle at new people for doing things wrong were just as bad if not worse when they started (then again in most fields, reformed characters are the worst police, since they often feel that to show they are reformed they have to show no mercy to those who act even vaugly how they used to).
It does have to be remembered though that it's very hard to put a prediction down on how long something is going to take. The fact that people are working in free time doesn't help. Some people will do bits at a time (I tend to try and do at least an hour a day on my route), others will not touch the project for weeks on end and then work at it almost constantly for days at a time. Making BVE add-ons isn't just about coding either, it's about gathering material and data. The next release of screenshots for my route is probably going to be after I've got down to get some photos of a few stations that are layed out (e.g the track, platforms and overhead are in place) but have little detail. Even with commercial products, release dates tend to be vauge (e.g "Early 2006") and are often delayed (previously known at "Holidays 2005"), and they are usually being worked on by large teams who are doing it as a job.

Tom B

Established Member
Richard, if this is an argument from off the forum, please don't bring it onto the forum.

No more argument on this thread or it WILL BE LOCKED.

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Richard, if this is an argument from off the forum, please don't bring it onto the forum.

No more argument on this thread or it WILL BE LOCKED.

Sorry, I shoud have known better, but I was angry...Sorry Tom! ;)

Guinness

Established Member
traininthebrain said:
Hey all I was wonderin how the talented Anthony Bowdenis getting on with his photo realistic WIP routes does anyone have any information on how he is getting on i would love to know. I can't help my self to lookat the screenshots of the Watford Junction - Rugby Route because they look like photos . Please tell me and other bve 4 players how things are progressing . Anybody will do

Cheers

www.jonathan8773.fotopic.net
Hi!

Welcome to the forum (Despite what was said before..... :rolleyes:). I haven't heard or read anything of how the route is getting on since he posted those screenshots a while ago. Maybe its a good sign that there is no news.... ;)

The Snap

Established Member
Chaz said:
Hi!

Welcome to the forum (Despite what was said before..... :rolleyes:). I haven't heard or read anything of how the route is getting on since he posted those screenshots a while ago. Maybe its a good sign that there is no news.... ;)

I sent numerous emails last December, and haven't got any replies, and he normally does reply within a f ew weeks. :( Never mind, I supose it could be a sign that he is too busy with the WCML route! (wishful thinking!) :p

Nitro

Well his site hasnt been updated since last year so there should be good news soon:D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Very true. I remember seeing screenshots at Euston when a well-developed stage of it was released. I loved it, couldn't wait to see it. Since then I've developed a bit more control on my love for BVE and driving routes on it, more so since I dumped BVE off my PC for performance reasons.

Welcome to the forum traininthebrain. I look forward to many constructive and useful contributions.

The Snap

Established Member
FGWFan said:
Very true. I remember seeing screenshots at Euston when a well-developed stage of it was released. I loved it, couldn't wait to see it. Since then I've developed a bit more control on my love for BVE and driving routes on it, more so since I dumped BVE off my PC for performance reasons.

Welcome to the forum traininthebrain. I look forward to many constructive and useful contributions.

Is there a route with Euston in it, as I'd love to check it out...? :o :D

Welcome to the forum traininthebrain, if you ever need anything, don't ask a moderator, they're hopeless! :o :p :p 8-) (Only kidding, they are safe as houses!;) )

Techniquest

Veteran Member
SAFE!!! (sorry, just remembering someone's funny avatar there)

Rich, do expect a PM from myself very shortly on the topic of BVE.

Tom B

Established Member
Don't be worried about us mods, we don't bite...

(Well we do, but...)

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Don't be worried about us mods, we don't bite...

(Well we do, but...)

Yes, they do bite! Nah, they are cool.

FGWFan, read and replied to your PM. ;)

Tom B

Established Member
Rich said:
Yes, they do bite! Nah, they are cool.

FGWFan, read and replied to your PM. ;)

Here, have some loo roll Richard... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.