• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham-Lancaster, 1st Class day return. Splits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnm

Established Member
I'm after confirmation that the following splits are valid.

Out: 1115 Birmingham NS - Lancaster
Rtn: 1657 Lancaster - Birmingham NS

Railcard held.

Birmingham NS - Wolverhampton FDR £6.00
Wolverhampton - Crewe FSR £27.80
Crewe - Warrington BQ FDR £16.75
Warrington BQ - Wigan NW FDR £7.80
Wigan NW - Preston FDR £13.20
Preston - Lancaster FDR £13.95

Total £85.50

FDR = 1st Class Anytime Day Return
FSR = 1st Class Off Peak Return

Reason for asking is that I would normally use Trainsplit to confirm my workings but Trainsplit is giving me a total of £119.85, missing the splits at Wigan and Preston.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Valid. Both outward and return call at all the split points and the FSR restrictions are obeyed.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
That is quite the eye-opening price for the Crewe to Warrington FDR.

boyaloud

DOn't forget if it's a weekend, you can get a standard anytime ticket and use it in first class.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
A through FOR from Warrington Stations to Preston (£20.05 with railcard) looks to me to save a further £1.70 over the separate Warrington to Wigan (£7.80) and Wigan to Preston (£13.95) FDRs.

Last edited:

bnm

Established Member
A through FOR from Warrington Stations to Preston (£20.05 with railcard) looks to me to save a further £1.70 over the separate Warrington to Wigan (£7.80) and Wigan to Preston (£13.95) FDRs.

Ta for that. I've just discovered an alternative for Birmingham-Wolverhampton-Crewe that'll save a further £9.25, thanks to the Routeing Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.