• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham New St to York SVR valid via Crewe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Zod

As there is the threat of strike action by RMT on XC over the Christmas period I was thinking of using West Midland trains from New St to Crewe, Virgin/Northern/Arriva from Crewe to Manchester and finally TPE from Manchester to York. Would just like confirmation that I can travel via Crewe. The Journey planners do allow this itinerary and I know one can travel Birmingham - Manchester - York but usually via Stoke.
Edit: If anyone knows of any other allowed routes between Birmingham and York which avoid the use of XC then that would be most helpful.
Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JB_B

Established Member
Via Crewe is fine mapped on BP+TM+MN and BM+MN.

sonic2009

Established Member
Maybe purchase something like : WOOTTON WAWEN to POPPLETON (same price as Birmingham to York) may just not arouse a conversation with a guard that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.