• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham New Street to Euston Off Peak ticket validity

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Hello there,

I'm currently looking at booking a return ticket to London from Birmingham for next Wednesday, and I've noticed on both East Coasts' and thetrainlines' websites that they show that an Off Peak Return, valid for a month, is valid on all evening peak Virgin Trains departures out of Euston, including the 17:03, 17:23 and 17:43 at a price of £31 with a 16-25 Railcard.

Is this really the case? A prompt answer would be appreciated so I can get on with my ticket bookings. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
It's correct thanks to Virgin's railcard easement permitting railcard holders (including 16-25) to travel at any time on an off peak ticket when using wholly virgin services.

Different validity will apply to any other TOC though

Techniquest

Veteran Member
T'was the case recently at least, Virgin have had that thing with allowing railcard holders to travel at any time, peak or not, on their trains for a long time. Take advantage I would, and don't forget 1K39 if you're returning on a Friday

neilmc

Enjoy rubbing shoulders with executives! ;)

We had a very young executive in her mid-20s who used a YP Railcard for her peak business commutes from Manchester to London, saved an absolute fortune.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Apologies - middle management. :p

Matching shirt and ties in the same colour. Briefcases with nothing inside. Laptop out - playing Minesweeper. ;)

The peak trains on the EBW route are moderately loaded in standard. There's always a proliferation of railcard holders on board! You can often get reasonably priced Advances if you book quite far in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.