• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham PlusBus on Midland Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

90sWereBetter

Lost somewhere within Bank-Monument tube station,
I have a day trip booked to Birmingham on May 9th, and as I'm travelling from a station well outside the PTE area, I've been able to purchase a Birmingham PlusBus ticket with my outbound journey. The PlusBus website mentions that said ticket is valid on Midland Metro, but it doesn't say how far I can travel on the system with it.

As an unrelated aside, what is the chance of the original 1999 trams still running on the Metro at the time of my visit, given that the system is having a new batch of trams delivered to replace these?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
You can travel the full length of the Midland Metro, a Birmingham Plusbus is valid throughout the West Midlands within the Network West Midlands area.

Wolfie

Established Member
You can travel the full length of the Midland Metro, a Birmingham Plusbus is valid throughout the West Midlands within the Network West Midlands area.

Indeed... pretty much from Wolverhampton to Coventry by bus... great value!

dvboy

Established Member
I have a day trip booked to Birmingham on May 9th, and as I'm travelling from a station well outside the PTE area, I've been able to purchase a Birmingham PlusBus ticket with my outbound journey. The PlusBus website mentions that said ticket is valid on Midland Metro, but it doesn't say how far I can travel on the system with it.

As an unrelated aside, what is the chance of the original 1999 trams still running on the Metro at the time of my visit, given that the system is having a new batch of trams delivered to replace these?

Original trams are only being used at peak times, so unlikely on a Saturday unless there's an issue with one of the new ones - it can't be long left before the old ones are fully retired now.

Status
Not open for further replies.