• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elecman

Established Member
What stations within Birmingham are covered by a ticket fron A to Birmingham Stations?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Elecman

Established Member
Thanks that was my thought, just that previously having got on a Pendo at International after asking the train manager for an excess from there to New Street he said I didn't need one as my existing ticket was Birmingham Stations to my destination.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Thanks that was my thought, just that previously having got on a Pendo at International after asking the train manager for an excess from there to New Street he said I didn't need one as my existing ticket was Birmingham Stations to my destination.

It depends on where A is...If it's somewhere that you'd need to pass through International to get to central Birmingham, it will usually be possible to stop short like that.

ngood77

I trust that if my ticket says BIRMINGHAM STATIONS, yet the smaller-type destination says Snow Hill, I can still get off at Moor St ? It's an Advance ticket.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
What do you mean by "smaller-type destination"?

ngood77

What do you mean by "smaller-type destination"?

Sorry, that wasn't worded very well. The ticket says London to Birmingham Stations in capitals at the top, and in smaller typeface below says London Marylebone to Birmingham Snow Hill. (The train I am booked on does stop at Moor St.)

najaB

Veteran Member
Sorry, that wasn't worded very well. The ticket says London to Birmingham Stations in capitals at the top, and in smaller typeface below says London Marylebone to Birmingham Snow Hill. (The train I am booked on does stop at Moor St.)
Is it a new style ticket which has ticket and reservation on one coupon?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The question is : can I alight at Moor St ?

I think officially the answer would be "no", as you are stopping short, but I doubt anyone will bat an eyelid if you finished at Moor St.

The ticket will probably work the gatelines at Moor St in any case.

trash80

Established Member
My train yesterday was just to Moor St from MYB though as it said Birmingham stations i got a connecting LM train to Snow Hill and save my aging legs climbing up the hill to the bus stop!

ngood77

Just to wrap this up : Chiltern Railways have confirmed by Twitter that the ticket allows for alighting at Moor St.

Status
Not open for further replies.