• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham to Aberdeen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bee15_16

Good Evening,

Any help in organising travel to Aberdeen from Birmingham. Have found FSR have a few £10 offers but struggling on finding good fares/deals on the rest of my journey. Time/changes aren't too much of a factor, I know i'm in for a long sit down anyway :)
My date's are 03/10 to 12 or 13/10.

Cheers much, any more info i can provide, just a question away.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If you are quick http://www.nationalexpresseastcoast.com/yorkpostaugust may help between Aberdeen and York/Doncaster.

When looking at York-Birmingham if no cheap fares are apparent, it can be worth specifying via Manchester as you can get good deals that route. Indeed, before TPE offered AP fares I wanted a York-Warrington single I bought an AP fare to Brum for about £6 and stopped 'short' and didn't use the non-'connections' part of the ticket.

But now TPE do good deals, if there are no through XC AP fares from York/Donny to Brum, it may be worth splitting the journey further and buying a TPE ticket from York or Donny to Manchester and another XC ticket from there. See http://www.tpexpress.co.uk/train-tickets-and-rail-offers/index.htm for good deals particularly if you have a YP or Senior railcard.

OwlMan

Established Member
For cheap fares Birmingham - Edinburgh try www.megatrain.co.uk
At present there are tikets as follows
Birmingham - Edinburgh 5/10/09 £5 Dep 0617)
Edinburgh - Birmingham 12/10/09 £3; 13/10/09 £1 (dep 1852)
Although the train times are not the most user friendly.

Peter

route:oxford

Established Member
Good Evening,

Any help in organising travel to Aberdeen from Birmingham. Have found FSR have a few £10 offers but struggling on finding good fares/deals on the rest of my journey. Time/changes aren't too much of a factor, I know i'm in for a long sit down anyway :)
My date's are 03/10 to 12 or 13/10.

Cheers much, any more info i can provide, just a question away.

Thanks.

How old are you? Scotrail have been running their Club55 promotion which will get you to Carlisle or Newcastle for just 15.00 return (on Scotrail, NXEC, XC or Virgin services). XC often have rather good fares on the "slow" route between Edinburgh and Birmingham - click on "show overtaken services" on the National Rail planner.

Bee15_16

Thank you for all the responces!

I am too young (I dont know if thats fortunatly or unfortunatly haha) for the Club 55 i had seen that one.

And i have to travel on the 3rd as i am travelling to Aberdeen, to meet my partner and family to fly to Portugal, so going any later i will miss my holiday! :D

Can't physically get onto the flybe flight no wait i can get to the airport for 7am :(

Plan atm is to get a CC bought from VT from Birmingham to Edinburgh, from there a FSR to Aberdeen 3/10 £15.50 / £10
Returning on a straight bought ticket from NXEC travelling on a FSR Aberdeen to Glasgow QS/Central then going VT to Birmingham 13/10 £23.50
That's my plan currently - thank you so much for the replies, much appriciated.
Seem's cheapest way for me living remotly where i am there are no ways of getting to a major station either bus or train early in a morning so all the very best fares are useless. Could get a taxi but that incurrs more costs ha
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.