• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham to Barmouth. Cheapest way, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuggie61

Hi all am travelling from

Birmingham to Barmouth on Sat 7th July
Barmouth to Birmingham on Sun 8th July
(Not flexible on dates and no railcard)

National Rail website says £48 for a return.

Can I split the journey cheaply?

Thank you!

Hugh

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
Simple split at Welshpool gets it down to £43.

Your best bet is to look on the East Coast website, find the calling points of the train and try splitting to those ones rougly half-way (Off-Peak [month] Return tickets are usually only offered on longer journeys, for some value of long).

OwlMan

Established Member
Advance tickets at £13/17 each way are available on this route. However the quota for that weekend has not yet been released (they are available for the previous weekend). When released they will probably be the cheapest way there & back.

Peter

lemonic

Advance fares start at £13 single (So £26 return), but you have to stick to the booked trains. They haven't been released yet for your dates, but they have for the week before, so they should be released within a week.

EDIT: Beaten to it!

shuggie61

Hi calc7, OwlMan and aleksander thank you for your very timely responses. You've been a great help! Ta. Hugh
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi I like the price! But advance tickets with which rail companies, please? Thanks again! Hugh

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
shuggie61 said:
Hi I like the price! But advance tickets with which rail companies, please? Thanks again! Hugh

Arriva Trains Wales. You will be able to buy the ticket from any TOC's website, or at any staffed station though.

Status
Not open for further replies.