• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham to Great Malvern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_C

Hi,

I'm trying to organise a day out to Great Malvern from Birmingham, however, I am perplexed about the prices of tickets. Does the Daytripper plus qualify for Great Malvern? or is it the add on? I intend to travel off-peak time.

many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
To help us provide a full answer, I wonder if you could clarify whether you hold any tickets already, when you intend to travel and whether you hold (or could hold) any railcards?

Lady_C

To help us provide a full answer, I wonder if you could clarify whether you hold any tickets already, when you intend to travel and whether you hold (or could hold) any railcards?

I haven't purchased any tickets yet. I intend to travel this week, either Tuesday or Wednesday.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
An nnetwork daytripper is not valid to Great Malvern even with an addon.

A West Midlands Day Ranger is valid but more expensive.

If you don't plan to go anywhere else an off-peak day return will be cheapest and easiest at £9.30 per person (adult, no railcard)

Ah okay I see, problem solved! Thank you for your help:D

LexyBoy

Established Member
It's not clear from your original post whether you will be travelling alone or with a group. If you will be travelling with more than one other person you can make use of GroupSave which allows 3 or 4 to travel for the price of 2 (i.e. £18.60).

These are normal walk-up tickets which can be bought from the ticket office (not ticket machines though) immediately before travel. The only caveat is that you must travel as a group and they're not valid on certain TOCs - this shouldn't affect you for this journey though.

Status
Not open for further replies.