• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

birmingham to london

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
So you don't actaul book tickets on national rail, you still have to use a TOC or thetrainline etc to buy the tickets
Correct. It's pointless.

I suggest either:-
- FSR - no requirement to register to use it (only requires registration when ready to purchase), all the 'benefits' of Thetrainline but none of the fees.
- NXEC - no requirement to register as above, but different engine to thetrainline which makes it easier to see cheapest fares. Also allows you to state seat preferences (or even not book a seat).

If I am just checking train times, and perhaps prices, without wishing to book, I usually use FSR.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I use Virgin Trains as thats who I am registered with and then I usual collect from the Fast Ticket Machine at Coventry station

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm registered with quite a few of them, but I just don't see the need to log in unless I want to make a purchase. The TOCs can customise this feature, Virgin have enabled forced registration and FSR haven't.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I'm registered with quite a few of them, but I just don't see the need to log in unless I want to make a purchase. The TOCs can customise this feature, Virgin have enabled forced registration and FSR haven't.

CrossCountry let you look without logging in. As nationalrail.co.uk has been broken so much recently I have been using the CrossCountry website to look at times and prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.