• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham to Tamworth, Burton and Willington

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnolife

Established Member
Hi guys.

I'm wondering if anyone knows why people travelling from New St to Tamworth, Burton and Willington are being told to go to Coleshill Parkway and change there for rail replacement buses, given that there seems to be services passing through these staions for places beyond Derby, and also if these replacement buses are running all day?

Thanks, Dan :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
CrossCountry are diverting via Nuneaton and Leicester. I presume the Derby to Birmingham (via Tamworth) line is shut due to engineering works

MCR247

Established Member
On LDB I was seeing a NE-SW XC running calling at Burton and Tamworth

D1009

Established Member
On LDB I was seeing a NE-SW XC running calling at Burton and Tamworth
It appears the only southbound train to be diverted was 1V48, the HST, off Derby at 0945, subsequent trains running normally. The first northbound train via the booked route was the 1403, all previous trains diverted via Leicester, with replacement buses covering Tamworth and Burton as mentioned in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.