• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham Tornado!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
I was caught up in the storm on the M42 earlier today, but thankfully no tornadoes formed! Visibility was almost zero, mainly due to a mixture of spray and very strong winds. Glad you're OK, jdan.

jd

The fire service are calling it a 'major incident' now.

tramboy

Tornados do occur in the UK normally...they are usually not strong enough to be noticed though, and don't do this much damage.

Global warming in action perchance?

Cheers

Dave

Dave A

I hope its not coming down to London :(

That news reporter looks a bit peed off :D

steve158

feel sorry for the decent brummies who were involved in it, particularly in kings heath.

but as for the rest, what goes around comes around eh??

9/11= Tsunami
London Bombings = Tornados on Small Heath/Sparkbrook

Ben

its a bit worrying all my dads family live about 3 miles from that area they're all ok though

get well soon all who were injured

jd

19 injured, a few severely.

I heard 3 severely injured, but that was when they were saying there were 7 injuries in total, so there are probably more than 3.

Apparently, some houses are so badly damaged that they cannot be repaired - they will need to be demolished.

The damage is said to be millions of pounds.

I was in King's heath today, the debris has been cleared and traffic is flowing again. The affected shops are boarded up and there are lots of workmen about.

Status
Not open for further replies.