• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham X City South

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizarre

Travelled on this route "for real" for the first time on Wednesday, after many simulated runs courtesy of BVE! Have to say how even more impressed I am now with the accuracy of the BVE route. Brilliant! :o

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
Indeed! When I first did X-City I recognised it like it been something like Deja Vu! :)

Great work Antony and look forward to WCML and X-City North! :)

Bizarre

I had dropped my students at Cadburys for a tour - I've done it about 10 times now so was determined to do something different with the day. They had 2 other tutors with them so did not feel guilty at all about disappearing for a few hours. Drove the minibus from Bourneville to Redditch in about half an hour and then spent 20 minutes looking for somewhere to park before settling for the £3.50 station car park! A £4 return to New Street was good value & there was a Christmas market to look round before returning. Great day out but so much more cost-effective with BVE!!

Happy Christmas all and a great big THANK YOU to those who provide these routes for our everlasting pleasure!

Guinness

Established Member
Antony hasn't stopped Development of WCML or X-City North. He stated that the screenshots of the super-detailed Watford - Rugby route was purely to see how BVE would perform. Sadly it could only achieve around 2FPS - 5FPS. He did also say that the detail would be similar to X-City South detail. Which IMHO is the best detail for any BVE route. :)

LondonBVE

Hmm... New Version of BVE? BVE 5? Anyway I guess mackoy will be busy with his work instead of BVE, don't forget he need to work to pay for hosting! Anyway take a look at the BVE 4 Page at mackoy page, does that hint something? ;)

devon_metro

Established Member
Hmm... New Version of BVE? BVE 5? Anyway I guess mackoy will be busy with his work instead of BVE, don't forget he need to work to pay for hosting! Anyway take a look at the BVE 4 Page at mackoy page, does that hint something? ;)

Either it is in Japanese and i can't read it or you are confused.

Coxster

Established Member
Maybe the site has been changed to a festive green/red to match the winter tram scene?

LondonBVE

Coxster said:
Maybe the site has been changed to a festive green/red to match the winter tram scene?

Perhaps but it also assured is that Mackoy still updating and doing BVE. Better then no updating anything which make me can't sleep well.

Status
Not open for further replies.