• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birthday RUK-style (by e-mail)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivo

Established Member
I received an automated e-mail from RUK at 0030 wishing me a Happy Birthday. When did this first happen? I had no idea!

It said this:

Hello Ivo,

The team at RailUK Forums would like to wish you a happy birthday today!

Whatever the response is, thank you :) And thank you also to everyone that has sent me a message today. You guys are the best,

P.S.: I am saying this here because I don't want to spend too long replying to PMs saying the same thing.

P.P.S.: If this has posted twice, please accept my apologies!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Heinz57

I didn't know that happened, must be new.

Quite nice though!

Happy Birthday by the way!

SS4

Established Member
I remember having one last June on the appropriate date.

Shame the new Pokemon episodes aren't up yet for you to celebrate :lol:

Ivo

Established Member
Just checked again - nothing.

Or the year before.

Shame the new Pokemon episodes aren't up yet for you to celebrate :lol:

They go up on Friday :p I've seen 6 out of 25 so far (25 on the US site; 20 on the UK site).

CC 72100

Established Member
Happy birthday Ivo! As others have said, always do find your posts very comprehensive and offering interesting points of view! :)

wintonian

Established Member
And the point of it is?

Sorry but unless someone has atualy thought about being my birthday and has gone through the effort to at least press a button, I couldn't care less This way it could just be the software that knows and cares and no-one else, which seems pointless to me.

Happy 23rd Ivo.

Ivo

Established Member
And the point of it is?

Sorry but unless someone has atualy thought about being my birthday and has gone through the effort to at least press a button, I couldn't care less This way it could just be the software that knows and cares and no-one else, which seems pointless to me.

This isn't far off the first thing I thought. Whilst I thought it was a nice touch, if it is automatic and none of the staff show any awareness of it (I know this is not the case; today was one of the provisional dates for the London Challenge when it was first mentioned and I said I wanted everyone else to pay for my Travelcard as a present! :p) then there isn't any point. But as long as live people know, and not only the software, then it just adds to the occasion.

Thank you again guys :) It is nice to have a calm birthday on here this time, unlike when a certain other thread was alive at this time last year and everything seemed to be about me. Wanting a calm day is also part of the reason I'm not travelling today (the other part of the reason being I've done two bus days already this week).

blanco

it's my birthday today but i didn't get a happy birthday message. good job i'm not the paranoid sort who would get upset or even care about it :lol:

Temple Meads

Established Member
I got one on my birthday last year, and it should be credited with bringing this forum back to my attention, as it had slipped off my radar somewhat!

And Scott, happy birthday again ;)

Ivo

Established Member
it's my birthday today but i didn't get a happy birthday message. good job i'm not the paranoid sort who would get upset or even care about it :lol:

That's because it isn't indicated in your profile! Mine has been there since I joined :p

That makes three of us at least. Happy Birthday to the other people whose birthday it is today.

Why is March 31st such a common birthday? It's the only day I know of that is the birthday of more than two others I know (as it turns out, the figure is closer to 10 than it is to the second highest I know, July 22nd [3]!)...

wintonian

Established Member
For those not getting it, what are your email setting in your profiles?

Try allowing email possibly. ;)

In reality I have no idea as the system dosn't know about my birthday so just guessing.

Z12XE

Its always amusing the amount of these I get on 1st Jan from other forums which I previously used (1st Jan isnt my birthday).

Since I signed up they must have activated the feature, and as i didnt set my birthday it choose 1st Jan for me!!

Lampshade

Established Member
Its always amusing the amount of these I get on 1st Jan from other forums which I previously used (1st Jan isnt my birthday).

Since I signed up they must have activated the feature, and as i didnt set my birthday it choose 1st Jan for me!!

I get them from forums I went on years ago to ask one question and long since forgotten the password :shock:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I got one last year, I hope to get one next Friday too!

We are not noted for having much in common, but 6th April will see one of these..:D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
................................................................................................................................................

Well, the first item in my inbox this morning was a "birthday greetings" PM from the forum staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.