• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bishop Auckland to Saltburn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
That is looking excellent! Keep up the good work :)

Darandio

Established Member
As people may know, progress can be painful but things are moving forward. I have been working on Bishop Auckland this afternoon.

256yd0k.jpg

2885fvc.jpg

Darandio

Established Member
It's that time of day again, more progress shots. Most of the screens I have shown so far have been station based so I thought I would put a couple in that show work in between these primary points.

The A66 crosses the line with the line diverging ahead, straight on for Stockton, right for Thornaby.

25672xk.jpg

On the approach to Thornaby, the River Tees is shown here with the new bridge under construction alongside.

2rpy5vt.jpg

Darandio

Established Member
As some of you may know, as mentioned earlier in the thread, I did restart the route so some of the work from the earliest screens that were taken have now been done again, with improvements and also implementing suggestions from the community.

Dinsdale

11j3ev9.jpg

Main changes of note are a different platform style to reflect the brick front and the access ramps have been improved.

Darandio

Established Member
If anyone has followed my blog, which I know some do, they may have seen a post I made earlier regarding the problems creating certain landmarks on the route, two of these being the Transporter Bridge and Middlesbrough Riverside Stadium. I had been toying with the idea of using the Queen Elizabeth bridge in Newcastle in some shape or form but hadn't worked out exaclty which way I should implement it. Then came an excellent email from a fellow route builder by the name of Paulus suggesting using the bridge not only for the main structure but for the supports as well which has turned out ok, especially considering the structure is only intended to be viewed from distance. The first shot of the bridge is in my blog, linked below in my signature and I think it represents the bridge fairly well. Also in that blog shot, you will notice a monstrosity in the foreground which is meant to be Middlesbrough Riverside Stadium, once again, a difficult landmark to recreate with the objects available. Since then, I have placed some surrounding scenery, including the stadium access bridge and the shot below represents the approach to Middlesbrough.

2eziow8.jpg

Darandio

Established Member
More work has been done today, although not as much as I would have hoped. This has been mainly centred around the Teesport area including the abandoned British Steel station just west of there. I have also been putting some bits and pieces in at Darlington but there is still a lot to be done there, probably why the images below don't do it much justice yet!

A view from alongside the long abandoned British Steel station showing an EWS liveried Class 47 taking empties back into the steel complex.

2epls47.jpg

A crude view of Parkgate/Yarm Road, Darlington with the 1S19 NXEC service departing for Aberdeen.

30hv4hs.jpg

Another view of the above mentioned service, this time from Platform 4.

10ckrht.jpg

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Couldn't agree more, it's a brilliant job you're doing there!

And don't worry, I do remember my offer to help with Thornaby, I'll get that sorted as soon as possible (hopefully tomorrow).

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Oh I did, especially when it was time to get on the GC HST! That beast you own on millionnumbers.com, 43080, was excellent! Shame 43084 on the rear was dead in train all the way, but what can you do. On the HST to York now from Newcastle, pretty chuffed with the day (bar the bits on the 142s!) and looking forward to getting home to bed!

EDIT: Sorry you couldn't be here to enjoy the day out, hope your Mum's OK.

Darandio

Established Member
It's been a while since I last updated this thread, haven't really managed to get much done in recent times but I am now starting to find time to make further developments on the route.

Redcar Central

iefssy.jpg

29xwu8h.jpg

Redcar East

1qh8o8.jpg

jfkupw.jpg

33v0o6g.jpg

I have also uploaded a video featuring the short, steady hop between the above two stations.

[youtube]C9sSsSidyWo[/youtube]

Last edited:

LilLoaf

What is EA simulater ?
Can i download it?
When will the Bishop Aukland - Saltburn route be finished ?

Just so you know 142's operate the route along with occasional 156 not sure if you knew that but the 158 does look very nice.

Darandio

Established Member
What is EA simulater ?
Can i download it?
When will the Bishop Aukland - Saltburn route be finished ?

Just so you know 142's operate the route along with occasional 156 not sure if you knew that but the 158 does look very nice.

Yeah mate, I am aware of that as I live alongside the route and travel on it several days a week! :D There isn't a 142 or 156 currently available for Rail Simulator so the 158 is the next best thing at the moment.

As for your question of "What is EA simulator?". It is commonly known as "Rail Simulator", developed by Kuju, the same team that created MSTS and published via EA. It cannot be downloaded, not legally anyway, but is now cheap enough to buy.

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/8055155/Rail-Simulator/Product.html

LilLoaf

Oh i've heard of railsim i didn't know it was the same thing. I wasn't aware there was no 142/156 out for it but you're correct 158 is the next best thing.

I was put of buying becuase on the video i've seen of it on the net, like of the HST's they seem to be in short formation. Therefore doesn't seem realistic if it only runs with 3-4 carriages. Can this be changed at all? Or are they all in unrealistic formations.

Darandio

Established Member
Oh i've heard of railsim i didn't know it was the same thing. I wasn't aware there was no 142/156 out for it but you're correct 158 is the next best thing.

I was put of buying becuase on the video i've seen of it on the net, like of the HST's they seem to be in short formation. Therefore doesn't seem realistic if it only runs with 3-4 carriages. Can this be changed at all? Or are they all in unrealistic formations.

Not sure which videos you have seen, you can have an HST in any formation you want.

I am just about to post a new thread showing a cracking home made promo video for Rail Simulator. I dont think it has already been mentioned on here but I will check first.

Darandio

Established Member
It's video time again, here is another "passenger view" portion of my route, this time from just outside Thornaby all the way to Eaglescliffe. If you manage to watch until the end you will see a Sunderland bound Grand Central HST arriving at Eaglescliffe.

[youtube]fIHgw_-PN20[/youtube]

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Nice stuff there Darren, although I must confess my favourite bit was the HST at the end! All I can think of at the moment are HSTs...

Darandio

Established Member
Cheers mate, at least you stayed long enough to get to the end!!!!

william

Established Member
That's brilliant! Would love to recreate some long closed routes using that, but probably lack the patience. Keep them coming!

s'land

durham coast would be a good route if anybody were prepared to do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.