• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bishop Auckland to Saltburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darandio

Established Member
It's on my agenda, but only when this one is finished which will be a while yet as I can imagine you would appreciate. Whether it is an extension of this route or not, I am not sure yet.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

s'land

excellent my son will be happy he loves rail sim he's been really wanting to drive the GC up to sunderland

Darandio

Established Member
Well, once this route is finally done, he can have the pleasure of driving the GC for 2.4miles!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
On the assumption you do it, will you combine it with Bishops Auckland to Saltburn or have two seperate routes?

Either way, it sounds like you've got a lot planned!

Darandio

Established Member
Well, there a no official plans as yet for either way but my initial assumption would be to form an extension from this route, simply for operational purposes from Middlesbrough and to enable diversions and freight through Eaglescliffe. On paper, the potential is brilliant but it also depends on how well the current route is received on release. Hopefully the reaction would be good, there has been a hell of a lot effort put into it, coupled with the fact that it is free!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Well hopefully by the time you've got this route done I should have RS (I really need to go look at the specs and see if my PC can manage it), along with an external HDD (which I'd put all my videos and photos on, allowing for a huge boost in resources on my PC!) and able to download your route. From what I've seen, it's going to be excellent and I can't see there being any lack in uptake in the first few weeks at least.

Of course, all of this is rather in the future! I like not to think that far in advance myself!

Darandio

Established Member
Well, you know me, I enjoy the route building side of it so no doubt I would do it anyway! Initially, my first indications say that I could have this route done by the end of the summer/start of autumn but it always depends on real life constraints. Hopefully, it can be finished and done by this time although I wont compromise on quality as for personal pride it needs to be as accurate as possible.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Making it proudly accurate I cannot disagree with, I'd want to aim for such a thing myself.

Having just looked at the minimum requirements on play.com, it's massively resource-demanding! 64MB graphics card with Pixel Shader 2.0 and a mammoth 4.5GB! The rest of it I could manage, but those two alone take the biscuit! Never even heard of Pixel Shader, let alone Pixel Shader 2.0! Must remember to ask about that when buying a PC/laptop in the future, although I daresay the salesman/lady would be equally confused! :lol:

Looks like I won't be getting RS any time soon then :(

Darandio

Established Member
Video time again! This one shows the trip from Eaglescliffe to Allens West on board a Class 47 which is hauling a fictional railtour from Saltburn back to Darlington as part of the ACORP event.

[youtube]-hOnci2iATw[/youtube]

andylloyd

It's video time again, here is another "passenger view" portion of my route, this time from just outside Thornaby all the way to Eaglescliffe. If you manage to watch until the end you will see a Sunderland bound Grand Central HST arriving at Eaglescliffe.

[youtube]fIHgw_-PN20[/youtube]
Cracking film there, thoroughly enjoyed it especially the final piece at Eaglescliffe where the GC HST arrives.
The 158 featured is it payware?

Cheers
Andy

Darandio

Established Member
Cheers Andy, thanks for the comments. Like LeaSeandre sys, it is payware and is available from there, well worth it IMO.

Darandio

Established Member
After posting a few videos recently, I thought it was time for more screenshots. As ever, they are still work in progress, certain aspects need fine tuning and I always end up changing something! More detailed descriptions of each shot can be found at my blog, http://batosaltburnrs.blogspot.com/

Eaglescliffe

1zvu8v8.jpg

Allens West Approach 1

34zx35k.jpg

Allens West Approach 2

af7k7d.jpg

Distant A66 Shot

11m440w.jpg

A66, With Saltburn Line Joining From The Left

faoqiq.jpg

Bowesfield Juction

ie2vcg.jpg

As ever, comments are welcome, and needed whether good or bad. If you know the route, make a suggestion! Feedback helps me improve what I do and also gives me a guage as to whether anybody wants to download the thing when I release it!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Fantastic stuff Darren. I haven't been up there for quite a while now, but Eaglescliffe looks bang on. Allens West I can't comment on so much as it was still dark when I went through there but it looks pretty accurate to me.

As always, keep up the stunning work!

The Snap

Established Member
Should be a great route when it's finished! :) Just a shame theres only the 66 and 158 you can run on it :(...would be nice to have some other units...142, 156 and other Northern stock etc. :)

Darandio

Established Member
It has been a while since the last update for this route but here is a video from Eaglescliffe, taken from my usual platform perspective featuring a variety of traction and even a railtour.

I also hope to have an improved V2 Beta available for this route in the coming weeks.

[youtube]yg8rHrj9Rtg[/youtube]

Darandio

Established Member
I am currently working towards a new beta release of this route and have been tidying up many parts of it. Here are some screenshots with more information on the timescale of release to be announced soon.

2805b38.jpg

20nspl.jpg

2ltmrtk.jpg

69eqt3.jpg

i3hq2t.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.