• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bishops Stortford 16/06/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Was a slightly more interesting than usual stop at Bishops Stortford on the way home from London yesterday, driver had to walk down the train pressing the porter buttons on each coach to shut the doors due to the absence of platform staff to dispatch the train (the platform is on a sharp curve, and there are no OPO screens for the driver to look at). Credit to the driver for doing it quickly and causing little delay, whether it was his solution to the problem or whether drivers had been told to do that due to the lack of staff I don't know.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I'm sure O L Leigh appreciated the exercise. :lol: Hope it was a nice long 12 car, too. :p

Was an 8-car 317 instead of the usual 4-car 379, if it had been a 379 it wouldn't have even mattered as they have have in-cab DOO screens, trust it to happen on a day when the only 379s are Stansted Expresses! :lol:

O L Leigh

Established Member
I'm sure O L Leigh appreciated the exercise. :lol: Hope it was a nice long 12 car, too. :p

Ta (I think).

Using the coach end buttons is one solution to the problem, but with an 8 car unit it is also possible to despatch yourself from the middle cab. There is no specific instruction about which method to use. It's down to the driver to ensure that the train is safely despatched when platform staff are unavailable.

O L Leigh

Status
Not open for further replies.